Octopus invites me to take my money back!

AE-NMidlands

Re: Octopus invites me to take my money back!

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Hi xxx,
Good news - Your refund has been checked & approved, and should appear in your bank account in the next 3-5 working days.
Kind regards,
The Co-op Energy team
Octopus (who took over Coop energy but still badge the tariffs as such) don't hang around, do they? :D

If I wasn't already with them I would be looking at how the tariffs they have available compared with what I was currently on!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
openspaceman

Re: Octopus want me to take my money back!

Post by openspaceman »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:30 pm
openspaceman wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:02 pm Eon are returning £200 because my battery has meant I have not imported electricity since March 5th, however they will not drop my direct debit amount below £72, which is a £22 per month increase over my previous amount.
I don't think they are allowed to do that, I'm absolutely sure they have to agree it with you. You can insist on a sensible figure and if they won't agree it in a phone call then make a formal complaint, and threaten to go higher again if they won't listen.
I can't remember which company it was, but once my dd was put up a lot without justification. I had to state very firmly that I knew how much I used and what the tariff was, and I wasn't going pay more than £x. They agreed straightaway.
A
I am sure you are right and I had already reduced the DD from £90 in two 10% steps which is all the website allowed but couldn't get it lower so e-mailed them suggesting I could ask the bank to review the DD and possibly make use of the small claims court as they had consistently held £200 credit.

As the refund was offered and as the regulator is already making noises about unilateral increase DDs I shall wait and see. I have no problem with being in credit for 3 months as long as that matches my use. I'm still not sure why they have a 3 month billing interval as I do have a smart meter and am willing to pay as I use gas and electricity.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery