Octopus saving sessions coming 1st Nov

nowty

Re: Octopus saving sessions coming 1st Nov

Post by nowty »

You can use your API Octopus key to read and estimate your savings using this website the day after the session.
https://savingsessions.streamlit.app/

And there is an unofficial league table.
https://savingsessions.streamlit.app/League
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Thanks, that has worked:
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 19-44-18 Octopus Saving Sessions calculator · Streamlit.png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 19-44-18 Octopus Saving Sessions calculator · Streamlit.png (40.97 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
Infant steps/early days yet!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
94JDH

Post by 94JDH »

nowty wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:42 pm £31.49 for me so about 420kWh worth on the cheapslot. :mrgreen:

Running total over £300 so far for this season, who'd have thought after no more in day adjustment. :xx:
Amazing how it is looking like it is working out better than last time, nearly £500 and counting.....
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

94JDH wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:37 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:42 pm £31.49 for me so about 420kWh worth on the cheapslot. :mrgreen:

Running total over £300 so far for this season, who'd have thought after no more in day adjustment. :xx:
Amazing how it is looking like it is working out better than last time, nearly £500 and counting.....
I was able to really maximise last year’s savings sessions with the in day baseline slot. This year hasn’t been too bad but takes a bit more effort to get my baseline up.
Just over £300 here so far, I managed £460 last winter.
Not sure how many are left maybe one or 2 so I’ll just be slightly down on last year but I have git my export now which will easily make up the shortfall :on-patrol:
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Yuff wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:49 am Not sure how many are left maybe one or 2 so I’ll just be slightly down on last year but I have got my export now which will easily make up the shortfall :on-patrol:
Is there a premium rate for exporting during a savings session? I haven't seen it advertised anywhere, perhaps something like Intelligent Octopus or one of the tracker tariffs puts a short high-price spike on their offer price?
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:10 am
Yuff wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:49 am Not sure how many are left maybe one or 2 so I’ll just be slightly down on last year but I have got my export now which will easily make up the shortfall :on-patrol:
Is there a premium rate for exporting during a savings session? I haven't seen it advertised anywhere, perhaps something like Intelligent Octopus or one of the tracker tariffs puts a short high-price spike on their offer price?
Export just gets added to your baseline, so you are exporting at £1.75/ kWh during Thursday’s SS.
My export comment was just a general comment about exporting daily now I have outgoing octopus :xx:
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
nowty

Post by nowty »

Yuff wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:24 am
Export just gets added to your baseline, so you are exporting at £1.75/ kWh during Thursday’s SS.
My export comment was just a general comment about exporting daily now I have outgoing octopus :xx:
There should be 3 test sessions left, nominally one remaining this month and 2 in March. Contractually there are 12 test sessions and as many live sessions as needed. With 6 test sessions in Nov to Dec and the remaining 6 in Jan to Mar. We had 6 test and 2 live sessions in Nov to Dec. Only 1 test session in Jan which led to a roll over which took place 2nd Feb. The last test session on 8th Feb was the 9th test session, so should be 3 to go.

There are two Octopus Outgoing (export) tariffs, Fixed or Agile. Fixed is currently 15p / kWh export anytime day or night. Agile aligns to the next day wholesale prices, typically around 6p / kWh all the time except the peak 4pm to 7pm slot where they are typically over 15p but they rarely go over 20p. So if you are on Agile Outgoing, there will only be a premium exporting during a Saving session as its held at peak period but unless its a live session there is unlikely to be much "extra" premium. Also if you were on Agile Outgoing during the winter and were daily taking advantage of the peak period to export you would be destroying your baseline which you are measured against in the actual saving session itself.

For the absence of doubt the export payments are in addition to the Saving Session rewards even for export during the saving sessions. :twisted:

You can check the Agile Import / Outgoing prices here,
https://agile.octopushome.net/dashboard
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
94JDH

Post by 94JDH »

nowty wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:44 am
There should be 3 test sessions left, nominally one remaining this month and 2 in March. Contractually there are 12 test sessions and as many live sessions as needed. With 6 test sessions in Nov to Dec and the remaining 6 in Jan to Mar. We had 6 test and 2 live sessions in Nov to Dec. Only 1 test session in Jan which led to a roll over which took place 2nd Feb. The last test session on 8th Feb was the 9th test session, so should be 3 to go.

There are two Octopus Outgoing (export) tariffs, Fixed or Agile. Fixed is currently 15p / kWh export anytime day or night. Agile aligns to the next day wholesale prices, typically around 6p / kWh all the time except the peak 4pm to 7pm slot where they are typically over 15p but they rarely go over 20p. So if you are on Agile Outgoing, there will only be a premium exporting during a Saving session as its held at peak period but unless its a live session there is unlikely to be much "extra" premium. Also if you were on Agile Outgoing during the winter and were daily taking advantage of the peak period to export you would be destroying your baseline which you are measured against in the actual saving session itself.

For the absence of doubt the export payments are in addition to the Saving Session rewards even for export during the saving sessions. :twisted:

I thought 15p/kWh was only linked to intelligent Go, with 8p/kWh for the standard Go?
nowty

Post by nowty »

94JDH wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:03 pm

I thought 15p/kWh was only linked to intelligent Go, with 8p/kWh for the standard Go?
Yes if your on Octopus Go you can't have Octopus Outgoing, your stuck with a Lite version of Outgoing Fixed with export at 8p per kWh.
Its not only linked to Intelligent Octopus Go though,
https://octopus.energy/help-and-faqs/ar ... rt-tariff/
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

nowty wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:22 pm
94JDH wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:03 pm

Yes if your on Octopus Go you can't have Octopus Outgoing, your stuck with a Lite version of Outgoing Fixed with export at 8p per kWh.
Its not only linked to Intelligent Octopus Go though,
https://octopus.energy/help-and-faqs/ar ... rt-tariff/
That really doubles down on the misery that is vanilla Go!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)