Adding Pylontech battery ….

Tinkering

Re: Adding Pylontech battery ….

Post by Tinkering »

I have a vague memory of having to change the pinouts on the bms cable from the Lux to the Pylontech "c" series battery on my sons system
when i gave my son my acs3600 and he bought 4 x us3000C battery's.
So i think you have to use the new battery as the master with the adapted bms cable and link the rest with the standard cables.
in a bit of a rush this morning so couldn't find the pinout diagram so cant tell you what they are.
7750 kw pv Roof/Garden and Tracker mounted
2 x Luxpowertek Parallel Inverters
28.8 kw Pylontech Batteries.
1096 watts of Kirk Hill WT2
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Tinkering wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:00 am I have a vague memory of having to change the pinouts on the bms cable from the Lux to the Pylontech "c" series battery on my sons system
So i think you have to use the new battery as the master with the adapted bms cable and link the rest with the standard cables.
in a bit of a rush this morning so couldn't find the pinout diagram so cant tell you what they are.
I remember reading that, that they changed the pinouts on the C series. So if original all running B's or plus and trying to use original back to inverter comms cable and C as a master it can't communicate. Or in other words, exactly as Tinkering said, sorry got excited there. :oops:
Section 3 can bus wiring on Victron site.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/batt ... ch_phantom
Page 8 of this manual for 2000plus
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 3ZfB8twZ5f
Page 8 of this manual for the 2000C
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... g5pZk3JQLy
A sample cable for generic pin positions
https://voltaconsolar.com/blog/knowledg ... pylontech/
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Tinkering wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:00 am I have a vague memory of having to change the pinouts on the bms cable from the Lux to the Pylontech "c" series battery on my sons system
I think you are in the right area here. As this morning, after having slept on it, I reviewed everything I’d done and ensured the cables twixt new master & first slave were the ones supplied with the 2000Cs. I didn’t change anything. Powered it all on & hey presto - it all worked first time! 🤪 Lux units recognised straight away & the portal showed 125 amp charge/discharge rates. We’ve been blessed with a sunny day here today, so my expanded banks are now 100% full.

The final, and somewhat bizarre twist, was that I thought I’d check on what the battery lead time was from my supplier (I had to wait a couple of weeks for these), not only had the delivery jumped to 12+ weeks, but the price had increased by over £200 EACH!

Hey ho
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Glad you got a result, you're welcome.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home