ifePO4 batteries in outside shed.

Mr Gus

Re: ifePO4 batteries in outside shed.

Post by Mr Gus »

Here we all understand that Colin ;) BUT government run many years (& advisors) behind technology.

As an example LED bike lights were illegal (despite being fantastic in terms of efficiency, longevity, added safety from increased visibility) but were only made legal in 2005 almost 10 years after they became widely used & sold here in the UK ..for many years I could have been cautioned or fined by the police, a bit like e-scooters are illegal (in the uk) now.

"In many countries, LED flashers are the norm for rear lights. In others such as Germany and the Netherlands flashing lights are forbidden by law. In the UK flashing LEDs (front and rear) are legal from October 2005, provided that the lights conform to the requirements of the current Road Vehicles Lighting regulations.[14] Many vendors claim EU compliance, however, this provides no consistent safety or legal value across the Union"

So in terms of battery storage many countries will need up to date "help" in order to accelerate sales of battery product, because too few people understand the differences in Li- battery technology & its risks OR added safety.

So when the rules come in they will be likely wrong, & outdated, ..until then we have to guess & build around so that safety inspectors & insurance companies are ok with it.

Part of the recent "worry" is from cheap, non reputable e-scooter fires, (so build quality, waterproofing & battery chemistry are important to be made legal eventually) ..something which hasn't necessarily got back to all manufacturers in china & elsewhere.

A scooter was on the london underground & caught fire, a few days later numbers of public transport battery incidents were publicised & a general transport ban happened. :roll:

For instance waterproofing is essential for the uk ebike & e-scooter market, but there is really only one brand doing that with certainty.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

Mr Gus wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:44 pm Here we all understand that Colin ;) BUT government run many years (& advisors) behind technology.

As an example LED bike lights were illegal (despite being fantastic in terms of efficiency, longevity, added safety from increased visibility) but were only made legal in 2005 almost 10 years after they became widely used & sold here in the UK ..for many years I could have been cautioned or fined by the police, a bit like e-scooters are illegal (in the uk) now.

"In many countries, LED flashers are the norm for rear lights. In others such as Germany and the Netherlands flashing lights are forbidden by law. In the UK flashing LEDs (front and rear) are legal from October 2005, provided that the lights conform to the requirements of the current Road Vehicles Lighting regulations.[14] Many vendors claim EU compliance, however, this provides no consistent safety or legal value across the Union"

So in terms of battery storage many countries will need up to date "help" in order to accelerate sales of battery product, because too few people understand the differences in Li- battery technology & its risks OR added safety.

So when the rules come in they will be likely wrong, & outdated, ..until then we have to guess & build around so that safety inspectors & insurance companies are ok with it.

Part of the recent "worry" is from cheap, non reputable e-scooter fires, (so build quality, waterproofing & battery chemistry are important to be made legal eventually) ..something which hasn't necessarily got back to all manufacturers in china & elsewhere.

A scooter was on the london underground & caught fire, a few days later numbers of public transport battery incidents were publicised & a general transport ban happened. :roll:

For instance waterproofing is essential for the uk ebike & e-scooter market, but there is really only one brand doing that with certainty.
Thank you so much for the info
For now i am knowing that every country has different rules for the small things, Like the LED Bike lights
It should have the rules for these
But also the supplier sending the battery or the goods to the market , it should be follow up the local standard
especially the DG goods like Battery
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
Battery supplier for battery cells and pack
Email:guohed070@gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/colin-deng-2b4277238/
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

No problem colin I hope it translated well.
If we don't explain / teach then we are in part responsible for any problems, getting it right csn save money & stress (& successful trade) ..consider a politician as a baby who you "spoon feed"

Another phrase describes it well (as politicians change departments of responsibility without any real qualification)
"Jack of all trades,master of none"
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Hello Ladies / Gents.

Has any one got information on best settings on a
SOFAR ME3000SP for use with 16 LIFEP04 batteries.
Max Charge voltage
Min Shut down voltage
My main interest is stop any power going into the Grid.
nowty

Post by nowty »

ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:14 pm Hello Ladies / Gents.

Has any one got information on best settings on a
SOFAR ME3000SP for use with 16 LIFEP04 batteries.
Max Charge voltage
Min Shut down voltage
My main interest is stop any power going into the Grid.
Personally I would try and stay within an 80% working range, so if you charge up to 95%, then go down to 15%. If you charge to 90%, then go down to 10%, etc.

At the extreme ends the voltage rises or falls away rapidly and balancers cannot keep up.

Assuming you are running with a balancer, for a 16S LIFEPO4 setup, and your using DEFAULT Battery Type, I'd start with,
54V Max Charge (95%),
51.5V Min Shut down (15%)

If all is well and you want more, you could try,
55V Max Charge (98%),
49V Min Shut down (7%).

Mad Max,
57V Max Charge (100%),
47V Min shut down (5%).

Low cut off voltage settings can be a bit hit and miss as voltage depends on loading and may cut off prematurely. If so, drop the setting 0.5V at a time.

You may have to set depth of discharge very high like 90% or it may prematurely override cut off voltage setting.
16.9kW PV > 104MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

16 LifeP04 304 amp hour batteries bought from Colin Deng arrived today.
The delivery box's / packaging was excellent.
All 16 cells had the same voltage. 3.32 volts. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:19 pm 16 LifeP04 304 amp hour batteries bought from Colin Deng arrived today.
The delivery box's / packaging was excellent.
All 16 cells had the same voltage. 3.32 volts. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Congratulations, enjoy the build!
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Batteries connected and used over night. Balancer not fitted yet. All cells showing same voltage this morning. The 16 cells in series did drop 0.3 volts over night.

The Lead Acid batteries would drop / shut off on low voltage over night.

DOOO Not buy Lead Acid.

I DOOO need some Rehabilitation.

Meaning “ Is care that can help you get back, keep, or improve abilities that you need for daily life. “ :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Because my Smart Meter was showing that I was paying for 12 Watt import for a few seconds over night.

Have still got an old mechanical one wired next to the Smart Meter.
The rotation disk has not moved at all over night.

I will be buying more Batteries from Colin.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Because my Smart Meter was showing that I was paying for 12 Watt import for a few seconds over night.

Is that not just the self consumption of the mechanical meter? I've got a spinning disk type that says it's consumption is 2w on the face plate (I've not actually measured it's consumption mind).
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
1.3kw Wt2 - not yet producing
6kWh lead acid - maybe 1kwh useable
LiMnCo battery made from 2nd hand hybrid car modules 3.6kwh nominal 24v.
300lt hot water tank and two storage heaters
ASHP Grant Aerona 3 10.5kw and UFH
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:13 am Batteries connected and used over night. Balancer not fitted yet. All cells showing same voltage this morning. The 16 cells in series did drop 0.3 volts over night.

The Lead Acid batteries would drop / shut off on low voltage over night.

DOOO Not buy Lead Acid.

I DOOO need some Rehabilitation.

Meaning “ Is care that can help you get back, keep, or improve abilities that you need for daily life. “ :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I will be buying more Batteries from Colin.
That's great to read, 👍. I have been struck by the sheer luxury of having extra capacity. Everything now moves at a considerably more enjoyable pace when power decision making. I wouldn't mind another set myself, maybe next year...
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees