Where do I start?

nowty

Re: Where do I start?

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:51 pm Victron kit is high end and reliable. It is expensive though and can be complicated. Victron like to sell you a handful of devices whereas other brands make all-in-one hybrid inverters.

Victron batteries are lead-acid (unless I’ve missed them launching LiFePO4). Lead is last-century technology with a lot of reasons to avoid (short lifespan, low efficiency, shallow discharge depth).
Victron do lithium LiFePO4 batteries but they are eye wateringly expensive. Victron have quite good info on using pylontech batteries, especially on how to arrange the batteries in two parallel stacks on a single BMS input. That way you can increase the limited current from the 25mm cables.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/batt ... ch_phantom
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Beau

Post by Beau »

They look like they are Lithium batteries as I asked about how much of the stated power I could use and had this back

"With lithium batteries, they are happy to be fully discharged but by only discharging to 20% regularly their overall life is extended. This is something that we set up by default for our setups."
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Beau wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:53 pm They look like they are Lithium batteries as I asked about how much of the stated power I could use and had this back

"With lithium batteries, they are happy to be fully discharged but by only discharging to 20% regularly their overall life is extended. This is something that we set up by default for our setups."
Well that is factually incorrect! Discharge a lithium battery to zero and you kill it. Lithium batteries are happy being discharged to 10% though (some 5%).
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)