Octopus saving sessions coming 1st Nov

nowty

Re: Octopus saving sessions coming 1st Nov

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:46 pm Hmm makes me think. Nowty as you also have a water distiller, can you do some comparable math for my 2 units at 25 litre capacity each (please & thankyou)

I can then get an idea for water & beer brewing purposes (both units are grainfathers) time to look at the cost difference using low rate timeshift versus normal. may improve our useage.
My water distiller uses a little under 1kWh per 1 litre of water.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

What's your cycle time & power input?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:58 pm What's your cycle time & power input?
700W for about 4hours 20mins to distil 3.75 litres.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Bingo, thanks nowty.

My units are the G30, would be good therefore for me to plan for late night distillation / brewing sessions on either a low rate tariff or for whatever offset would be thrown at the average user.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:40 pm Another DFS test event is happening tomorrow morning between 9:00 and 10:00. Almost certain that Octopus will be in it but I will post again as soon as the accepted bid document is published. So potentially another early start but at least I may be able to persuade the Octopus to extend my cheapslot time again.

"From: Power System Manager - National Grid Electricity Control Centre NATIONAL GRID NOTIFICATION - DEMAND FLEXIBILTY SERVICE. DFS Tests have been initiated for tomorrow Monday 30/01/2023 between 09:00 and 10:00. Times in GMT The maximum demand reduction volume during this period is expected to be 250 MW. This will be System Tagged. For full details see the ESO Data Portal at https://data.nationalgrideso.com/dfs/de ... est-events. Notification Issued at 14:30 hours on 29/01/2023. Issued by Patrick Stewart National Grid Electricity National Control Centre."
You can opt in now for tomorrow’s session
9-10am
£2.25 per kW
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
nowty

Post by nowty »

National Grid has specified the time interval 09:00 to 10:00 for the demand flexibility event tomorrow morning Monday 30th Jan.

Opting in to Octopus is now open for the 09:00 to 10:00 saving session and remember to check you are opted in. I recommend after opting in, you log out and then log back in again and check your opted in status.

Its the standard pay out this time at £2.25 / kWh as the octopus won an average bid of £3.00 / kWh.

The all important "in day adjustment" window will start at 05:00 and finish at 08:00 so its an early one again. :?
I will be time shifting as much power as I can from my usual overnight cheapslot to the in day adjustment window.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Cheers Nowty,
Timers adjusting now! :D

Edit- lined up and ready to rock. 8-)
Gas for CH to the off position, SH's to take up the slack.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:31 pm Cheers Nowty,

Interesting game plan at Nowty Towers for tomorrow as solar looks good for tomorrow but having the “in day adjustment” slot in darkness hours will help.

Going to NOT boost storage heaters or hot water until 5am. House will cool down a bit more overnight so the GSHP should be guaranteed to run for the full 3 hour slot.

Heated kitchen floor operation will be delayed till sometime later in the 3 hour slot as it will run for less than an hour.

SWMBO has a 50 degree extended white washing load ready to go at 5am, funny enough it takes about 3 hours.

SWMBO is delaying washing her hair from this evening to 7am tomorrow and the immersion is going on at 5am. That way there should be enough hot water by 7am and the hair washing may extend the immersion heater operation till 8am.

Water distiller ready to go with slightly less water to reduce the operation time to just over 3 hours and will be started off with boiling water from the kettle.

Home battery charging overnight will be delayed till around 4am. I calculate plenty of empty space in the battery for PV soak up later.

My EV will be plugged in at 4:55 with a request for a departure time of 8:00 on the Octopus IO App which may extend my cheapslot to 8:00, it worked last time. Charging rate will be manually dialled up or down tactically as required on the Tesla APP.

Timers already adjusted so if I don’t wake up most if it will still function automatically and well under my grid limit.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

I plan to draw 60kw in the adjustment period over my baseline 0 kWh and see what I get.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:37 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:31 pm Cheers Nowty,

Interesting game plan at Nowty Towers for tomorrow as solar looks good for tomorrow but having the “in day adjustment” slot in darkness hours will help.

Going to NOT boost storage heaters or hot water until 5am. House will cool down a bit more overnight so the GSHP should be guaranteed to run for the full 3 hour slot.

Heated kitchen floor operation will be delayed till sometime later in the 3 hour slot as it will run for less than an hour.

SWMBO has a 50 degree extended white washing load ready to go at 5am, funny enough it takes about 3 hours.

SWMBO is delaying washing her hair from this evening to 7am tomorrow and the immersion is going on at 5am. That way there should be enough hot water by 7am and the hair washing may extend the immersion heater operation till 8am.

Water distiller ready to go with slightly less water to reduce the operation time to just over 3 hours and will be started off with boiling water from the kettle.

Home battery charging overnight will be delayed till around 4am. I calculate plenty of empty space in the battery for PV soak up later.

My EV will be plugged in at 4:55 with a request for a departure time of 8:00 on the Octopus IO App which may extend my cheapslot to 8:00, it worked last time. Charging rate will be manually dialled up or down tactically as required on the Tesla APP.

Timers already adjusted so if I don’t wake up most if it will still function automatically and well under my grid limit.
This is a very strange permutation of Agile! I keep waiting for the White Rabbit to go running past. :lol:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees