Octopus epic fail

Mr Gus

Re: Octopus epic fail

Post by Mr Gus »

Well, you are a long term blockage in need of careful handling (& maybe some buckets of hot water) ..you stink up the place Joe (from a customer service perspective) multiple emails won't so much do it as actual chat on the phone in all likelihood.

All the new accounts on their system mean they really do need to up the ante on their customer service overload, so they need to start a fresh page unless they want more of the same, new directives for folk to follow before they spill out of the pan with similar problems.

opportunity knocks
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Answer

'At this moment, I have not heard back from SMS however I will chase this up on Monday for you. In regards to your suggestion is £357 compensation, I do believe that is a fair request and as such I would be willing to offer that to you through the Ombudsman portal. The deadline for acceptance of an early resolution is December 8th so as such, I would be happy to offer the full £357 regardless of if the appointment is bright forward or not.

Along with this, we would still issue a formal letter of apology as well. If you are happy with this agreement then I can add it to the Ombudsman portal for you to accept through there, at which point we will add the credit to the account and issue the apology letter.'

I'd much prefer a new meter and Octopus Go Faster up and running. Nonetheless, I'll take the cash. Along with the £357, they have paid £90 for missed readings taken. A total of £447, that's a decent amount of 5p per kWh. 7,140KWh to be precise. :)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

No update on a quicker site visit to renew meter and TBH I don't expect one. As long as Octopus contnue to outsource their SMET2 req's to a 3rd party company who are not held accountable this will not improve. We are happy enough with the compensation. It will easily run the house until WT1 goes online. I'd far rather see Octopus generate their own inhouse fleet of engineers rather than using the unaccoubtable SMS.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for this. I have added the proposals to the Ombudsman portal for you to accept through there. Once this is done, I will then credit your account and issue the apology letter.

I have also further chased your appointment again this morning so I will keep an eye out for a response and let you know as soon as I do.

Kindest regards,

Alex W
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mail in this morning,
'Hi Joe,
Thank you for this. I have added the credit to the account and will send you an email with your formal apology letter attached shortly.
In regards to SMS, I have chased them up again this morning and will continue to throughout the day until I get an answer from them.
Kindest regards,
Alex W'

That's a total of £447 from Octopus and a promise of Octopus Go Faster as soon as the meter is up and running and outputting correctly. That's close enough to a win that my snarly side has went back to sleep. Incredible that they are willing to suffer reputation damage at the hands of a 3rd party in such a critical area of their business.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

I've found the electricity/gas ombudsman to be very good and quick.

The financial services ombudsman is a different matter. They have someone look at the details and then say what they think, before any ombudsman is involved. In the first case I brought I found that person just didn't grasp what was going on at all and what he wrote was littered with errors. I was going to take it to the actual ombudsman but had lost the will to live by that stage. In the second case I brought, they thought that the insurance company was correct in asking for a cost breakdown for the holiday, which I couldn't supply as I'd not booked it and therefore correct in not paying out. I disagreed and so escalated it to be looked at by the actual ombudsman who ruled in my favour and was very critical of the insurance company.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Happiness! :)

Hi Joe,

I am really happy to let you know I have been able to get your appointment moved forward to December 8th in the afternoon.

Kind regards,

Alex
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:17 pm Happiness! :)

Hi Joe,

I am really happy to let you know I have been able to get your appointment moved forward to December 8th in the afternoon.

Kind regards,

Alex
Then nobody showed up. Absolutely a non comms event...which is funny as the meter is the same way. :|
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:16 pm

Hi Joe,

Kind regards,

Alex
Then nobody showed up. Absolutely a non comms event...which is funny as the meter is the same way. :|
Now you've accepted the cash compo, what they really meant was, "I am really happy to let you know I have been able to get your appointment moved forward to December 8th 2022 in the afternoon." :shock:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:24 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:16 pm

Hi Joe,

Kind regards,

Alex
Now you've accepted the cash compo, what they really meant was, "I am really happy to let you know I have been able to get your appointment moved forward to December 8th 2022 in the afternoon." :shock:
Smashing! :) tomorrow is another day. As is the next year.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

And, anonymous are targeting energy companies worldwide tonight* ..good luck joe.

*possibly
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more