Nowty Towers Vs UK Grid Storage

Moxi

Re: Nowty Towers Vs UK Grid Storage

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:34 pm I cant complain JB, The views from the cottage on good weather days are amazing especially the summer sunsets over holly island and the distant views of the Wicklow mountains in Ireland 56miles across the bay.

Living at 300m above sea level puts us in the cloud base for quite a few days in the year and being exposed to Westerly gales is all part of the trade off and I can honestly say that all the downsides are worth the positives and the only way they will get me out of the cottage is when I have been fitted up for my best wooden overcoat :lol:

Moxi
Anywhere near Mennai Bridge?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:33 pm
Yuff wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:23 pm
nowty wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:45 pm

Tesla Model 3.

I can't either but the SOC was over 50%, so I could stop the charge by turning it down to 50%.
The extra long slot was initially facilitated by turning down the charge rate to 10A [on the EV app].
Thanks Nowty, same model here.
You just kept the schedule showing in the octopus app and left the page as it was and left the app ?
It would have been great but now the free public charger nearby has disappeared, I need to charge all the cars which means the Tesla is plugged in quite a bit, however a handy option if I need longer slots without charging the M3
Yes and the car was left plugged in for the duration of the schedule. I am wondering whether it worked because it was a continuous slot with no half hour gaps, although it still had 3 lines of scheduling back to back.
I turned the soc down in the Tesla when I reached 50%’ got the octopus warning saying it couldn’t control my EV as it is at the limit of my device, but the rest of the schedule was off peak.
Did it a couple of times on my last bill and off peak as per schedule.
I’ll,see what happens when the schedules aren’t continuous this month :D
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
nowty

Post by nowty »

Yuff wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:16 am
nowty wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:33 pm
Yuff wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:23 pm

Thanks Nowty, same model here.
You just kept the schedule showing in the octopus app and left the page as it was and left the app ?
It would have been great but now the free public charger nearby has disappeared, I need to charge all the cars which means the Tesla is plugged in quite a bit, however a handy option if I need longer slots without charging the M3
Yes and the car was left plugged in for the duration of the schedule. I am wondering whether it worked because it was a continuous slot with no half hour gaps, although it still had 3 lines of scheduling back to back.
I turned the soc down in the Tesla when I reached 50%’ got the octopus warning saying it couldn’t control my EV as it is at the limit of my device, but the rest of the schedule was off peak.
Did it a couple of times on my last bill and off peak as per schedule.
I’ll,see what happens when the schedules aren’t continuous this month :D
Did you get the charge to start before you turned the SOC down on the Tesla App ?, I cant quite work that out from your words, I read it as you did.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Did you get the charge to start before you turned the SOC down on the Tesla App ?, I cant quite work that out from your words, I read it as you did.
[/quote]

Yep I did, soc was below 50% when I got the initial schedule and it was a continuous schedule. When I reached 50% I turned the SoC down in the Tesla app and the car stopped charging.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A nice wee wrinkle in IO.
It turns out we can wait until tomorrow evening to charge. :ugeek:

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

nowty wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:46 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:15 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:16 pm My father has been in hospital for a week, generally unwell and a recent fall meant the local GP did not want to see him and told him to call 999 and go to A&E.

Hospital has been very vague, possible aneurysm, then it was pulmonary embolism and his electrolytes are all over the place. Its his 94th birthday early next week so I was going up in the EV this weekend to visit.

But my mum has just told me he's tested positive for COVID and had to be moved to the isolation ward which is a worry as he also has pulmonary fibrosis. :?

I asked if everyone is wearing masks in the isolation ward. My mum said no one is wearing masks, not the visitors, not the patients and not the staff. :shock:

I won't be going now. :(
Moxi wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:42 am Hope he picks up soon.
Fintray wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:44 am That's worrying news Nowty, I hope your dad starts to get better soon. :(
I'm up north now, staying with my brother in Manchester so I'm nearby in case of any emergencies. My father has been on oxygen for a couple of days but he's doing ok so they took him off it earlier today and I've been in regular telephone contact with him.

My mother took a turn for the worse at home yesterday (almost certain caught the COVID), but today she has improved.

Both my parents have had their full number of COVID vaccines although they were due the next one this week but that has now been overtaken by events.

SWMBO is telling me full battery back at home today and indoor temperatures good via my remote operation of the A2A HP's. :mrgreen:
I’m still up north, now staying with my mum who has recovered from COVID. My father has also recovered from COVID but is still in hospital. They are starting to talk about discharging him although when visiting him today he was on oxygen and he was not very well.
Unfortunately my father did not get better, and went from bad to worse, his oxygen was turned up to max and was receiving strong intravenous antibiotics. His lung fibrosis worsened and increasing pneumonia meant it was going in the wrong direction leading to various organ failure. He was still lucid until the penultimate day but sadly he has now passed. :cry:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

That is heartbreaking! I hope your mum has everything she needs. Glad you’re able to be with her.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
chris_n

Post by chris_n »

Thoughts are with you and your family.
Living the dream in Austria.
Uk property 3.75kW PV linked to 3kW inverter.