Octopus IO

Mr Gus

Re: Octopus IO

Post by Mr Gus »

Never knew about the indra trial, wouldn't mind being part of that are they at capacity for applicants? (are you on it Adok )?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Regardless of whether manual or auto for EV charging tonight I am very happy with the 'extras'. Core SH getting a 6 hour belt last night negated any lower floor gas use today. The Hive sensor for zone 1 is in that space.

WBS & IO, what a combo! :twisted:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AGT

Post by AGT »

Just signed up to Octopus today, same rate as Shell but better ethics
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:12 pm Just signed up to Octopus today, same rate as Shell but better ethics
Just a bit! :lol:

Well done indeed. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:14 pm
AGT wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:12 pm Just signed up to Octopus today, same rate as Shell but better ethics
Just a bit! :lol:

Well done indeed. :D
I'll never forget the Brent Spar saga back in the 90's, Shell were going to sink an oil storage platform in the middle of the Atlantic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Spar

Even though I was hardly a tree hugger back then, I recall my own outrage over such an unbelievable act just to save a few quid. :evil:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:28 pm I'll never forget the Brent Spar saga back in the 90's, Shell were going to sink an oil storage platform in the middle of the Atlantic.
Even though I was hardly a tree hugger back then, I recall my own outrage over such an unbelievable act just to save a few quid. :evil:
What I find even more annoying is that the oil companies were required to put money aside for clearing the (North) sea floor after themselves, but that they can avoid taxation on current profits by claiming that they are using current income to clear redundant wells.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:36 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:28 pm I'll never forget the Brent Spar saga back in the 90's, Shell were going to sink an oil storage platform in the middle of the Atlantic.
What I find even more annoying is that the oil companies were required to put money aside for clearing the (North) sea floor after themselves, but that they can avoid taxation on current profits by claiming that they are using current income to clear redundant wells.
A
I used to make money going out in Winter on bombing/recovery jobs for Shell & BP back in the mid 90's. It was excellent adrenaline filled work which was just what i needed/sought out back then. Strangely enough, some of the job specs mentioned companies long, long gone(early 70's) but the money was still there held for the decommissioning taken from the revenues generated. I continue to hold both Shell & BP shares in my portfolios along with screeds of RE shares. The difference is that dividend reinvest button is off for Shell & BP and very, very much on for RE. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:12 pm Never knew about the indra trial, wouldn't mind being part of that are they at capacity for applicants? (are you on it Adok )?
Hi Mr G, sadly, looking back thro' emails it closed for applications last September. The following month I was informed they were overwhelmed with applications and wasn't successful. A month later got advised that several of those accepted were not able to progress and was I still interested.
Sent off the necessary photo's and further info and now await a site visit from their contractor, that's step four of the six to be navigated with one being the local DNO.
It's a Beta trial with a £1600 contribution towards the cost of installation required. Having missed out on three other trials I'm not holding my breath! :roll:
Don't know if it's worth enquiring still but their email address was V2H@indra.co.uk
AGT

Post by AGT »

I did a bit of offshore work late 90’s early noughties.
Piper Bravo, and a few FPSO’s
Lots of fun!!
Lots of arseholes too!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:24 pm I did a bit of offshore work late 90’s early noughties.
Piper Bravo, and a few FPSO’s
Lots of fun!!
Lots of arseholes too!
I went from fixed to DP's as soon as I could. The fixed were literally 'too fixed' and smelt like Union and nepotism. From there I went worldwide on vessels and loved it for Decades. For reference, a lot of the 'arseholes' (total agreement) ended up out in Baku and in an astonishing feat of sisterfucking got in bed with Socar where they taught the Azeri's how to be complete dicks too. 😀

Sad as fuck actually as the Azeri's one on one are lovely, loyal folk, unpolluted.

Ach, fuck it, bad memories of scummy contractor Brits hiding behind corporations.. Shell n BP are my dogs these days. There are a couple of guys though I'd like to meet again just to see if they are what they talked in a square go. Unlikely...

It's all nonsense anyway, in a bid to drop my bad feelings, here's a nice photo of the hut. :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs