Octopus epic fail

Oldgreybeard

Re: Octopus epic fail

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Stinsy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:20 pm I have to say I found Octopus customer service to be a shitshow. The length of time it took me to get a smart meter was entirely down to Octopus failure to book in the engineer. Octopus doubled down on their failure several times and only an email to Greg got it sorted.

Funnily enough as soon as an engineer was actually instructed the meter was installed.
Me too. I used to be with them, but their customer service was so bad that when we moved house I vowed I'd never use them again. One of the most infuriating things, that may just be down to my interpretation, was that every bit of correspondence from them, most of which was about addressing really poor service, was signed off with some sort of hippy love and peace epithet. Used to REALLY wind me up for some reason.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:06 am
Stinsy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:20 pm I have to say I found Octopus customer service to be a shitshow. The length of time it took me to get a smart meter was entirely down to Octopus failure to book in the engineer. Octopus doubled down on their failure several times and only an email to Greg got it sorted.

Funnily enough as soon as an engineer was actually instructed the meter was installed.
Me too. I used to be with them, but their customer service was so bad that when we moved house I vowed I'd never use them again. One of the most infuriating things, that may just be down to my interpretation, was that every bit of correspondence from them, most of which was about addressing really poor service, was signed off with some sort of hippy love and peace epithet. Used to REALLY wind me up for some reason.
Its funny you should mention that, I personally cannot stand 'Thanks for reaching out'. 'Oh just f**k off and do your f**king job' is my immediate thought on receipt of such an epithet (good word for a Friday Morning), I shall use it extensively for the rest of the day. :D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

"reaching out" leaves me retching.

Sh1te fashionista terminologies & empty platitudes, ..compared to give sterling service, salvage our reputation & restore it by simply "do what you say when you say"
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The guy showed up today on time and changed both meters and new IHD. Happy with that. We will see how long it takes for data to consistently arrive with Octopus and go from there.

Some day this, new meters, car ordered AND my wee electric chainsaw failed. Off to try a warranty claim as its only 13 months old.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I found that as soon as Octopus actually booked the engineer one showed up and did the work. However when Octopus told me an engineer was coming but failed to book the engineer, no one came...
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:51 pm I found that as soon as Octopus actually booked the engineer one showed up and did the work. However when Octopus told me an engineer was coming but failed to book the engineer, no one came...
Funny you should mention that... :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Been a swear free 24 hours on joe's thread now.
Something must be going ok then? (we hope)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I've been eagerly awaiting updates too...

My smart meter connected to Octopus straight away (getting them to put me on a ToU tariff was another matter).
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:26 pm Been a swear free 24 hours on joe's thread now.
Something must be going ok then? (we hope)
Meters are in. Smet 2 is transmitting electric data to ihd ok and wan.light is flashing every 5 secs so pretty sure data out to next hub up off house is OK. Han light is solid though and no update on the ihd for gas so mibbees a problem there. Looking forward to Xmas and will see howit plays out post New Year. Meter tech was great this time.

Worst case with luck I'll get on go faster with the current data and submit gas readings manual. Fingers crossed.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Woohoo! Mailed Octopus today asking when they'd be able to confirm valid data from our new meter. All good and we are now finally on our way to Octo Go. Also applied for a 22.00 to 03.00 hr slot for Go Faster. Engineer booked for 1st March to see why the spanking new gas meter isn't being picked up and sent on. :o

Ah well, can't have it all! Will be great to see if we can run it all as planned and go sub 1MWh.gas in 2022.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs