Idiot's guide to a self build battery

Krill

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

Post by Krill »

Colin Deng wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:58 pm
Krill wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:21 pm So...just checking, but I believe these are the cells that you bought Joeboy?

I'm getting a quote of ~£35,500 for delivery of 16 cells via alibaba :shock:
For the battery cell, i can help you with
No need to be 35,500 for 16cells lol
Thank you for your offer, I am still awaiting the installation of the solar PV system, once that is installed I will be in touch via email. This will likely be in January.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

Krill wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:03 pm
Colin Deng wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:58 pm
Krill wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:21 pm So...just checking, but I believe these are the cells that you bought Joeboy?

I'm getting a quote of ~£35,500 for delivery of 16 cells via alibaba :shock:
For the battery cell, i can help you with
No need to be 35,500 for 16cells lol
Thank you for your offer, I am still awaiting the installation of the solar PV system, once that is installed I will be in touch via email. This will likely be in January.
If you have 16pcs battery cells
Then you will need 16pcs
No 17th, it will be ok, even the battery pricing is up and down , not will be that much
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Why don't we organise a group buy with collin, but on the proviso he gets paid only when one of us has quality tested the cells in the UK and they pass.

We can then take the cost of the cells + the import fees + time for the UK testing and divide by the group buy.
marshman

Post by marshman »

Doubt it will be much cheaper. There are quite large amounts of money involved, approx £2k per 16 cells, in round numbers, someone would need to take the "risk" on board, which ain't gonna happen, the cash sums are big. Shipping will be based on weight or volume, the more being shipped the higher the cost. There is no duty, well its in the price. Most goods are shipped DDP, Delivery and Duty Paid. The only way to save on shipping is to order a container full, which is a lot, and then sort out the duty when it lands in the UK. Then you have to take delivery somewhere!

Not being negative, just practical.

If you want to DIY, decide what you need, contact the company and get a quote.
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

Swwils wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:29 pm Why don't we organise a group buy with collin, but on the proviso he gets paid only when one of us has quality tested the cells in the UK and they pass.

We can then take the cost of the cells + the import fees + time for the UK testing and divide by the group buy.
It will be ok to buy personal or buy in Group
Less than 16pcs, the price will be at the range 107-109$\pcs
Over 64pcs,it will be cheaper, at the range 100-103$
Both can be shipped to door , DDP, no other cost
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

How do you select a supplier that wont just send B grade cells?
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Swwils wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:32 am How do you select a supplier that wont just send B grade cells?
Like anything you have to understand the risks and take steps to mitigate them. Does your supplier have a good reputation? Is the price too good to be true?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

Swwils wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:32 am How do you select a supplier that wont just send B grade cells?
Can check on the feedback from the customer
Also the service they offer
The start rating of the store ect

Just for reference
Colin Deng(Batterycolin)
Battery supplier for battery cells and pack
Email:guohed070@gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/colin-deng-2b4277238/
marshman

Post by marshman »

As Colin says check customer feedback (make sure it looks genuine by checking dates posted etc.), carefully check the description BUT most of all go with companies that others recommend, there at least 2 satisfied customers from 2 different companies in this thread, if you are not confident I would stick with one of them.

Oh and as swwils says - check the price, if it is "too good to be true" it's probably, no almost certainly, is.
Colin Deng

Post by Colin Deng »

marshman wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:53 am
As Colin says check customer feedback (make sure it looks genuine by checking dates posted etc.), carefully check the description BUT most of all go with companies that others recommend, there at least 2 satisfied customers from 2 different companies in this thread, if you are not confident I would stick with one of them.

Oh and as swwils says - check the price, if it is "too good to be true" it's probably, no almost certainly, is.
Oh,yes, the price matter
The 280ah cells, the price will be about 100-113$ range
The cost of the battery is going up by now
If the pricing is less than 100$ or even more , should be careful about that