Outgoing Octopus

nowty

Re: Outgoing Octopus

Post by nowty »

Its running, :) but they have put me on the 15p fixed export rate for some reason. :roll:
As its fixed term for 12 months, I think I'll leave it as is, in case the rate drops. :?

And I need to keep my powder dry for the saving sessions as I would not want a negative baseline at peak times. ;)

16.9kW PV > 102MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:35 am Its running, :) but they have put me on the 15p fixed export rate for some reason. :roll:
As its fixed term for 12 months, I think I'll leave it as is, in case the rate drops. :?

And I need to keep my powder dry for the saving sessions as I would not want a negative baseline at peak times. ;)

I have a similar page on my account but on the export box I don’t have the view export output link, which would be a handy link as I can’t see it anywhere on my octopus account.
I too, am keeping my baseline high 4.30-6.30pm where possible as the heating is set to come on around that time and the hot water needs a boost for an hour so I set it at 5.30. Need SWMBO car at home though for an off peak schedule, as my inverter isn’t quick enough although hopefully that is being boosted 50% as the Gen 1 inverter was installed instead if the Gen 2.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
nowty

Post by nowty »

It seems I exported something yesterday without even trying. :lol:
Today I will be experimenting with some real export. :twisted:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:53 am It seems I exported something yesterday without even trying. :lol:
Today I will be experimenting with some real export. :twisted:
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Nowty's mixing desk might be a better analogy. 👏
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

I experimented with my SMA Sunny Island yesterday on the export front. It doesn't have the function in the main web based menu but you can tweak a low level operating parameter to import or export any fixed amount.

I found I had the same problem that Yuff had in the last saving session, my immersun diverters stole all the exported power. :facepalm:
My diverter has a min export function which goes up to 4kW so once I turned that up it was no problem. :xx:

After trying out some large exports, I left it at a constant 500W for the rest of the day, I think I am going to leave it at 100W or 200W all winter now. It should also reduce my few kWh's leakage at peak rate times to near nil. That should also save a couple of quid a month too. 8-)

There should be at least 10 more savings sessions I can take advantage of, so I should make over £100 off that which exceeds my deemed export payments which I opted out of. What I make in summer time will be extra. :mrgreen:

I am hoping to knock a third off my £1000 energy bill or even halve it at a stretch. :whako:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:52 pm I experimented with my SMA Sunny Island yesterday on the export front. It doesn't have the function in the main web based menu but you can tweak a low level operating parameter to import or export any fixed amount.

I found I had the same problem that Yuff had in the last saving session, my immersun diverters stole all the exported power. :facepalm:
My diverter has a min export function which goes up to 4kW so once I turned that up it was no problem. :xx:

After trying out some large exports, I left it at a constant 500W for the rest of the day, I think I am going to leave it at 100W or 200W all winter now. It should also reduce my few kWh's leakage at peak rate times to near nil. That should also save a couple of quid a month too. 8-)

There should be at least 10 more savings sessions I can take advantage of, so I should make over £100 off that which exceeds my deemed export payments which I opted out of. What I make in summer time will be extra. :mrgreen:

I am hoping to knock a third off my £1000 energy bill or even halve it at a stretch. :whako:
I turn off my immersion when I export at the moment. Although quite often I forget and I wonder why I’m using all the battery power :shock:
I’m averaging about 10 kWh export a day currently but I suspect that will drop now the chilly 🥶 weather is here .
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
nowty

Post by nowty »

Yuff wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:11 pm I turn off my immersion when I export at the moment. Although quite often I forget and I wonder why I’m using all the battery power :shock:
I’m averaging about 10 kWh export a day currently but I suspect that will drop now the chilly 🥶 weather is here .
Thats another way to do it, hadn't even thought about that :praise: , but my immersions are powered directly (no isolator :? ) from my diverters so they are going off at the MCB for the next saving session. ;)

Probably needs a double pole isolator if I look it up in the regs. :facepalm:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

nowty wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:06 pm
Yuff wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:11 pm I turn off my immersion when I export at the moment. Although quite often I forget and I wonder why I’m using all the battery power :shock:
Thats another way to do it, hadn't even thought about that :praise: , but my immersions are powered directly (no isolator :? ) from my diverters so they are going off at the MCB for the next saving session. ;)

Probably needs a double pole isolator if I look it up in the regs. :facepalm:
I’ll check what the max export setting is, I think it’s currently set at 200w, if your way works that is better than turning it off, and on, every time I want to export ;)
It’s not good when in the morning SWMBO has a shower and I’ve forgotten to switch it back on…….oops :o

Edit: export output now showing in the octopus app. There was some data missing on Octopus’ side which has now been updated. :D
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Got my first bill since I started exporting and I can’t see any export numbers on it.
How do octopus 🐙 credit the export?
The export MPAN only got set up mid cycle so that may have something to do with it not being included!
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
Krill

Post by Krill »

They put three sections on the bill, import export and gas. If a section is missing just email them and wait a week while they sort it.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)