Anyone else had a bill for the recent cold snap?

Stinsy

Re: Anyone else had a bill for the recent cold snap?

Post by Stinsy »

Yuff wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:03 pm
NikoV6 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:54 pm
Yuff wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:45 pm

Are you able to use your radiators to cool the property in the summer if it gets too hot?
Not that I am aware of, I think Mitsubishi dont approve.

I think I would just get a split AC unit if heat becomes an issue
Mitsubishi don’t support it in the UK, not sure if they do support it in hotter countries.
The actual units do. They just chopped that part out of the manual for regulatory approval in the UK.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:39 pm The actual units do. They just chopped that part out of the manual for regulatory approval in the UK.
A bit like the air con A2A heatpumps as they are only permitted development if they only heat.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Swwils wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:10 pm They do, ecodan units too. Popular in Germany with a Mr slim outside and cassettes indoors possibly with a hydrobox and underfloor or rads for older folks. RHI will disable this function, it's just a dip switch.
Thanks Swwils,

Installers had a problem setting up the control units because Mitsubishi gave them the wrong info for the dip switches.
Mitsubishi told me I can reverse the valves but they weren’t too keen on giving me the info.
Will dig further when the rads are fitted.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Surprising because mitsubishi offer some of the best design and commissioning software.

I'm not surprised they don't want to help an end user with dip switches, it's meant to be the installer with better familiarity with the hardware doing this. The documentation is available online but you won't get access to the portal easily. UK are still in this strange "buffer tank for all!" style transition phase.

It won't like doing it on rads only, usually these systems that have heat and AC the rads are on a separate hydrobox.
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Swwils wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:58 pm Surprising because mitsubishi offer some of the best design and commissioning software.

I'm not surprised they don't want to help an end user with dip switches, it's meant to be the installer with better familiarity with the hardware doing this. The documentation is available online but you won't get access to the portal easily. UK are still in this strange "buffer tank for all!" style transition phase.

It won't like doing it on rads only, usually these systems that have heat and AC the rads are on a separate hydrobox.
Mitsubishi did not cover themselves in glory from delivery to the schematics for the installation.
They kept booking the wrong delivery truck for the courier, despite knowing what was needed.
Installer got there in the end when an engineer realised that the installer had been given one incorrect dip switch setting.
The rads I have ordered are designed to specifically work with heat pumps so I hope it all goes smoothly.
4 month lead time for the electrical part to work the rads though!
In the meantime more batteries needed!

Ps I only contacted them just to see if it was possible, I’d never attempt any of this. Learning mandarin would be an easier task 😃
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 4 210 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV 0.547 kW Whitelaw Brae
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

I think several manufacturers will have issues entering into the UK market. Our skill base is quite... Challenging.