Octopus Free Energy For a Year

nowty

Octopus Free Energy For a Year

Post by nowty »

Another Octopus initiative if you have or want a Smart Meter
https://octopus.energy/from-meter-you

To be in the draw, you need to be a current Octopus Energy customer and either have a smart meter, a booking to get one installed, or be on the list to get a smart meter by 23:59 on the last day of the previous month.

You can even Opt out and get a guaranteed 5p. :roll:
We estimate the total cost of this giveaway to be around £15,000. If we spread the prize evenly between every Octopus customer, that’d be less than half a penny each. But this giveaway might not be everyone's cup of tea – so if you'd like, you can opt out of the Smart Meter prize draw and claim your half a penny (we'll round it up to 5p and credit your Octopus account.)

What’s a year’s free energy?
We’ll take the amount of electricity and gas used annually by a UK medium consumption home (according to Ofgem) and work out a year's charges on the Flexible Octopus tariff available at the time of each draw. This amount will be credited to your Octopus Energy account if you're one of the random winners.

That means for me, if I won, the credit would probably power my house for about 4 or 5 years and that's without the Ripple wind turbine rebates. 8-)

Stick or Twist ?
:mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3