Idiot's guide to a self build battery

User avatar
Fintray
Posts: 1315
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 6:37 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1041

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:50 pm
Fintray wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:34 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:03 pm Just heard from courier. Delivery will be on Friday 10th May 09.00 to 17.00 hrs.
Anyone available on the 10th May with 40 minutes notice to assist?
Just give me a shout and I'll be round. :xl:
Cheers min, appreciated 👏.
I've got a sack barra for the shifting. Expecting 36 boxes, each with four batteries in.
Ian 24 boxes
Andy 8 boxes
Joe 4 boxes
I'll pm you both as soon as I hear from driver or he rocks up unannounced!
I'll see if I can borrow my neighbours trailer the night before and have it hitched up and ready to come round when I hear from you.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
User avatar
Joeboy
Posts: 7215
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Location: Inverurie

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1042

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:50 pm
Fintray wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:34 pm

Just give me a shout and I'll be round. :xl:
Cheers min, appreciated 👏.
I've got a sack barra for the shifting. Expecting 36 boxes, each with four batteries in.
Ian 24 boxes
Andy 8 boxes
Joe 4 boxes
I'll pm you both as soon as I hear from driver or he rocks up unannounced!
I'll see if I can borrow my neighbours trailer the night before and have it hitched up and ready to come round when I hear from you.
If not, absolutely happy to put in our van and bring up? No worries.

Got a remote quote from the fitters for ashp. £12.5k. As a new fella to ashp I'm not ashamed to say that I fell over, then soiled myself! :twisted:
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
User avatar
Fintray
Posts: 1315
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 6:37 pm
Location: Aberdeenshire

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1043

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:06 pm
Fintray wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 pm I'll see if I can borrow my neighbours trailer the night before and have it hitched up and ready to come round when I hear from you.
If not, absolutely happy to put in our van and bring up? No worries.

Got a remote quote from the fitters for ashp. £12.5k. As a new fella to ashp I'm not ashamed to say that I fell over, then soiled myself! :twisted:
Ok, cheers :xl:
If you don't mind could you PM the quote and I'll compare it to mine?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
User avatar
Joeboy
Posts: 7215
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Location: Inverurie

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1044

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:13 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:06 pm
Fintray wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 pm I'll see if I can borrow my neighbours trailer the night before and have it hitched up and ready to come round when I hear from you.
If not, absolutely happy to put in our van and bring up? No worries.

Got a remote quote from the fitters for ashp. £12.5k. As a new fella to ashp I'm not ashamed to say that I fell over, then soiled myself! :twisted:
Ok, cheers :xl:
If you don't mind could you PM the quote and I'll compare it to mine?
I'll print out a copy for next week
?

Cheers BTW Ian. Much appreciated.
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
User avatar
Colin Deng
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:33 am

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1045

Post by Colin Deng »

Joeboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:03 pm Just heard from courier. Delivery will be on Friday 10th May 09.00 to 17.00 hrs.

Driver should phone me 40 minutes before delivery. Tailgate of truck is only rated to 500kgs and consignment is 800kgs plus. Means I'm going to be handballing it off truck. :(

Anyone available on the 10th May with 40 minutes notice to assist?

I am heading off again on 16th May until 24th May. Would be good if collected befor 16th May.
I will let shipping agency knows about this!
So sorry about that.
Each package is 23kg
So it need at least 15 box to remove it

Each boxes has customers name on it
Should be easy to identify
Colin Deng
Battery supplier for battery cells and pack
guohed070@gmail.com
User avatar
Joeboy
Posts: 7215
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Location: Inverurie

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1046

Post by Joeboy »

Colin Deng wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 am
Joeboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:03 pm Just heard from courier. Delivery will be on Friday 10th May 09.00 to 17.00 hrs.

Driver should phone me 40 minutes before delivery. Tailgate of truck is only rated to 500kgs and consignment is 800kgs plus. Means I'm going to be handballing it off truck. :(

Anyone available on the 10th May with 40 minutes notice to assist?

I am heading off again on 16th May until 24th May. Would be good if collected befor 16th May.
I will let shipping agency knows about this!
So sorry about that.
Each package is 23kg
So it need at least 15 box to remove it

Each boxes has customers name on it
Should be easy to identify
No worries Colin. Not a problem if you are delivering to a business with a forklift. Residential, 500kg limit. Cheers! 😀
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Tinbum
Posts: 1031
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 9:55 pm

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1047

Post by Tinbum »

Joeboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:44 am
Colin Deng wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 am
Joeboy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:03 pm Just heard from courier. Delivery will be on Friday 10th May 09.00 to 17.00 hrs.

Driver should phone me 40 minutes before delivery. Tailgate of truck is only rated to 500kgs and consignment is 800kgs plus. Means I'm going to be handballing it off truck. :(

Anyone available on the 10th May with 40 minutes notice to assist?

I am heading off again on 16th May until 24th May. Would be good if collected befor 16th May.
I will let shipping agency knows about this!
So sorry about that.
Each package is 23kg
So it need at least 15 box to remove it

Each boxes has customers name on it
Should be easy to identify
No worries Colin. Not a problem if you are delivering to a business with a forklift. Residential, 500kg limit. Cheers! 😀
I've often had 1 tonne pallets delivered by tail lift so it must be the delivery company"s limitation on what vehicles they have.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
User avatar
Colin Deng
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:33 am

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1048

Post by Colin Deng »

Tinbum wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:05 am
Joeboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:44 am
Colin Deng wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 am

I will let shipping agency knows about this!
So sorry about that.
Each package is 23kg
So it need at least 15 box to remove it

Each boxes has customers name on it
Should be easy to identify
No worries Colin. Not a problem if you are delivering to a business with a forklift. Residential, 500kg limit. Cheers! 😀
I've often had 1 tonne pallets delivered by tail lift so it must be the delivery company"s limitation on what vehicles they have.
Thank you for the information
It must be the shipping agency's problem
Different shipping company etc

Thanks
Colin Deng
Battery supplier for battery cells and pack
guohed070@gmail.com
User avatar
Joeboy
Posts: 7215
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Location: Inverurie

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1049

Post by Joeboy »

A text in from Mercium (a shipping agent) saying shipment dispatched. Assuming its the stacks. :whistle:
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
User avatar
Joeboy
Posts: 7215
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Location: Inverurie

Re: Idiot's guide to a self build battery

#1050

Post by Joeboy »

Yep. :)

Image
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Post Reply