G100 solar and battery

vantech2022

G100 solar and battery

Post by vantech2022 »

Hi All,

New to the forum.

I have an Alpha ESS Smile B3 (3kW) which is a G98 approved device. This was installed and notified some 8 months ago.

I now want to add solar (circa 2kW), and I’ve made a fast track application for G99 on the proviso I use G100 devices. This is the point of my question. The battery system is a G100 approved device, currently setup for G98 operation.

Does the solar inverter need to be G100 approved or is the fact the battery storage system approved enough? The battery storage is already set to zero export, and the solar inverter would also be set to export zero to the grid.

Thanks.
nowty

Re: G100 solar and battery

Post by nowty »

Its the latter.

Normally, this application is done the other way around, so I understand your confusion and don't be surprised if it confuses the DNO too.

Battery inverters are (generally) by their nature zero export devices and your total setup still fits the G99 Fast Track criteria. Both inverters in fact need to be G98 to use the G99 fast track application.

So you can add whatever G98 Solar PV inverter you like and whether its got G100 limitation or not is irrelevant as your overall system is compliant based on the G100 compliant battery inverter.

PS - Have you ONLY room for 2kW of Solar PV ?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
vantech2022

Re: G100 solar and battery

Post by vantech2022 »

nowty wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:14 pm Its the latter.

Normally, this application is done the other way around, so I understand your confusion and don't be surprised if it confuses the DNO too.

Battery inverters are (generally) by their nature zero export devices and your total setup still fits the G99 Fast Track criteria. Both inverters in fact need to be G98 to use the G99 fast track application.

So you can add whatever G98 Solar PV inverter you like and whether its got G100 limitation or not is irrelevant as your overall system is compliant based on the G100 compliant battery inverter.

PS - Have you ONLY room for 2kW of Solar PV ?
Thanks, actually I made the application and listed the commissioning date as December. The drawing submitted also shows the existing ESS with the approval number/reference.

I have room for 2000W of solar only due to the roof shape. I’m thinking of using Enphase inverters which are also G100 compliant (now realising that isn’t required) but I like the design and wiring topology.

Thanks.