Power Monitoring

Thebeeman

Power Monitoring

Post by Thebeeman »

I'm probably about to be stuck with a Smart Meter that can't talk to a I.H.D. 100mts away. My current dumb smart meter does just but to get a T.O.U. tariff I'll have to upgrade.
The monitoring via Luxpower and Fronius is not adequate for my needs.
Has anybody any experience of these?

www.amazon.co.uk/3-Phase-Emporia-Electr ... B086BNQ1X4
Countrypaul

Re: Power Monitoring

Post by Countrypaul »

Have you seen this thread from Nowty? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1400&p=19265&hilit=mini#p19265

No idea who your supplier is, but that approach looks helpful to people like me, who cant get the IHD to work due to house construction even though it is only about 3m away.
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

Thanks. If I can ever talk to someone with a brain at Octopus I'll join them. Via emails I've told them 4 times that my smart meter is dumb and it appears they can't read or understand the fact that they won't be able to read my existing meter. I tried phoning and the call centre background noise and 'crossed lines' made the lady on their end incomprehensible, PLUS she didn't know what I was talking.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Thebeeman wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:46 pm Thanks. If I can ever talk to someone with a brain at Octopus I'll join them. Via emails I've told them 4 times that my smart meter is dumb and it appears they can't read or understand the fact that they won't be able to read my existing meter. I tried phoning and the call centre background noise and 'crossed lines' made the lady on their end incomprehensible, PLUS she didn't know what I was talking.
Just scroll down the page on the link below and press the "join the list" button. No need to speak to anyone.
https://octopus.energy/blog/octopus-home-mini/
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

Thanks again folks. I'll give it a try, plan B is the 12 bore in the cabinet.
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

I've just realised that the link is for existing customers not for potential customers. I'll keep trying other routes.
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Thebeeman wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:46 pm Thanks. If I can ever talk to someone with a brain at Octopus I'll join them. Via emails I've told them 4 times that my smart meter is dumb and it appears they can't read or understand the fact that they won't be able to read my existing meter. I tried phoning and the call centre background noise and 'crossed lines' made the lady on their end incomprehensible, PLUS she didn't know what I was talking.
Emailing Greg directly has worked for me in the past. Obviously he doesn't read them himself, but whoever does gets stuff done!

I'd been chasing Octopus for 18 months to do something, and it was done within 30 mins of emailing Greg. Which confirmed very clearly that they COULD have done it at any point, just chose not to...
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

I tried direct emails to Greg and have had sod all response. However, whilst I was wingeing on here the guy at Octopus decided to look at my meter on the national database and saw the light at last. With luck he's now going off to look at moving me over to them and we'll sort out the meter and tariff issues later, some progress.
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

I wanted a way to bring together al my various power generation, storage and distribution devices so I've recently set up Home Assistant to do that. I have my Lux inverter and my Eddi diverter connected along with my iota watt 14 channel electricity monitor. It's going to take a little while to get it all together and working the way I want but there's nothing else I could find that will do what it can.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Another Home Assistant fan here. It is extremely flexible and versatile, and one big advantage is being able to set up several different dashboards. I have a fairly simple one, set up to give a quick overview of our current energy status (battery state of charge, PV generation, etc), plus a couple of others that give a lot more detail and allow things like switching stuff on and off, either automatically or from the dashboard.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter