Adding Pylontech battery ….

Lincs Robert

Adding Pylontech battery ….

Post by Lincs Robert »

Hi,

My new US2000C batteries have arrived - to add to my stack of US2000 units.

All wired in, but the although the US2000 units seem to see the US2000C unit, it doesn’t look like my LuxPower unit sees the US2000C. Even with a single battery config.

There’s scope for confusion with the DIP switches, as the switch is left to right swapped between the 2000 and 2000C.

Has anyone come across this issue before?

Cheers- Rob
Stinsy

Re: Adding Pylontech battery ….

Post by Stinsy »

It sometimes takes a few goes to get them to act as a single pack. I can’t remember the exact sequence, but IIRC: you turn them all off with the rocker switches, then turn them all on with the rocker switches followed by either pressing the red button on just the top one. The lights should flash on each in sequence and you can check that the “max charge current” is correct in the Lux web interface.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Have you made one of the new US2000C units the master which is recommended.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:46 pm Have you made one of the new US2000C units the master which is recommended.
Yep, had to make one of my B's master. Worked fine after that.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Hi,

Yes, I’ve tried all that & it’s a master unit- Lux CAN cable into the master battery. Thing that confuses me is that it doesn’t seem to recognise it as a single battery system?
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:23 pm Thing that confuses me is that it doesn’t seem to recognise it as a single battery system?
You've said that a few times now. But I don't know what you mean? How are you determining that?

When you click on the battery in the web interface what are the "BMS limit charge" and "BMS limit discharge" amounts? What is displayed as your SoC?

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:40 pm
Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:23 pm Thing that confuses me is that it doesn’t seem to recognise it as a single battery system?
You've said that a few times now. But I don't know what you mean? How are you determining that?

When you click on the battery in the web interface what are the "BMS limit charge" and "BMS limit discharge" amounts? What is displayed as your SoC?
I’m not even doing that. I’m connecting the 2000C unit by itself to the Lux unit - which then shows nothing connected to it (after power cycle), whereas doing that with a 2000 battery brings the battery SOC up on the LCD. Am I doing something wrong?
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:56 pm

I’m not even doing that. I’m connecting the 2000C unit by itself to the Lux unit - which then shows nothing connected to it (after power cycle), whereas doing that with a 2000 battery brings the battery SOC up on the LCD. Am I doing something wrong?
What are you trying to achieve by doing that?

Link up the new and old batteries together. Sync them into a "stack" using the process above. Click the battery in the web interface to see if the whole stack is recognised. If not try with different configurations of US2000B and US2000C as "master".

nowty

Post by nowty »

I am presuming your setting your Lux inverter to install a new battery pack, rather than just add the batter(ies) to the existing setup and confusing the inverter.

Does the LUX need a new firmware to utilise the new 'C' variants.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:03 pm
Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:56 pm

What are you trying to achieve by doing that?

Link up the new and old batteries together. Sync them into a "stack" using the process above. Click the battery in the web interface to see if the whole stack is recognised. If not try with different configurations of US2000B and US2000C as "master".
Looks like I need to use the web interface then 🤔

Thanks