Octopus saving sessions coming 1st Nov

Adokforme

Re: Octopus saving sessions coming 1st Nov

Post by Adokforme »

Thanks Nowty for the explanation and links I hadn't appreciated there were so many differing elements to Balancing Services. Looks like I'll be spending some time reading between now and Friday attempting to make sense of it. The link is really helpful. Thankyou.
nowty

Post by nowty »

There is an update out for the saving sessions from the ESO (national grid), it may not be over yet. I reckon they will do another 3 x 30 mins sessions to fulfil the 12 hour's of tests they have alluded to in various publications, irrespective of what they claim the contractual arrangements are. I reckon they have had to put this out as they are likely to have had some complaints from the suppliers for cutting the sessions short with very little volume.
https://www.nationalgrideso.com/documen ... 1/download

"Testing Plan for March 2024
The ESO are assessing all delivery data from the recent competitive tests. Additional tests, comprising of one
or more 30-minute periods, may be scheduled if further insights are required to meet the objectives of the testing
schedule. However, the value of any additional tests will be carefully evaluated against their cost and logistical
implications. Registered DFS Participants should, therefore, remain able to respond to issuances of Anticipated
Requirement Notices and DFS Service Requirements for both DFS live and test events."
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

That kind of reads like "we don't want to do anymore, but we have to, so yeah maybe"
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
94JDH

Post by 94JDH »

Looks like another possible savings session today......
94JDH

Post by 94JDH »

nowty wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:06 am There is an update out for the saving sessions from the ESO (national grid), it may not be over yet. I reckon they will do another 3 x 30 mins sessions to fulfil the 12 hour's of tests they have alluded to in various publications, irrespective of what they claim the contractual arrangements are. I reckon they have had to put this out as they are likely to have had some complaints from the suppliers for cutting the sessions short with very little volume.
https://www.nationalgrideso.com/documen ... 1/download

"Testing Plan for March 2024
The ESO are assessing all delivery data from the recent competitive tests. Additional tests, comprising of one
or more 30-minute periods, may be scheduled if further insights are required to meet the objectives of the testing
schedule. However, the value of any additional tests will be carefully evaluated against their cost and logistical
implications. Registered DFS Participants should, therefore, remain able to respond to issuances of Anticipated
Requirement Notices and DFS Service Requirements for both DFS live and test events."
Another low requirement today from 6:00pm for 30 mins
nowty

Post by nowty »

50MW volume requirement (joint lowest ever) so most bids will be rejected again.

Lets hope Octopus have got enough reserves built up from the first 6 to keep paying out irrespective of the bidding outcome. :xx:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Bids are in,

Bids between approx 15p / kWh and 73p / kWh were accepted.

Octopus bid £1.75 and were rejected, I guess they did this on purpose as they are trying to say, its not worth customer involvement if its less than that. I note British Gas did not even bother to bid, second time they did not, they have a similar problem to Octopus as they have too high a volume reduction all by themselves.

Now its a waiting game to see if Octopus are going to play or not.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Didn't have to wait long,

Octopus are in and paying £1.75 on principle. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

It's official

Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

nowty wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:38 pm 50MW volume requirement (joint lowest ever) so most bids will be rejected again.

Lets hope Octopus have got enough reserves built up from the first 6 to keep paying out irrespective of the bidding outcome. :xx:
Only 50MW? Nowty power station can manage that on its own can't it ? :lol:

Moxi