Saving Settings by Power rewards

cycling_mike

Saving Settings by Power rewards

Post by cycling_mike »

Many of you are with Octopus and make use of their Saving Sessions. I am with Scottish Power on what has turned out to be a very good fixed rate E7 tariff so their is not much point in changing suppliers.

This has popped up on my Facebook feed https://www.powerrewards.app/

Is this legit? it feels as if I cannot loose, but what do you guys think?

Mike
nowty

Re: Saving Settings by Power rewards

Post by nowty »

It looks the the same scheme as saving sessions with Octopus via the national grid so I assume if you sign up (if an Octopus customer) you will be disqualified from Octopus saving sessions.

Orange power have signed up to the same National Grid scheme as Octopus and other suppliers.

They say, "we aim for an annual 20/80 split of revenue with our members" so that's marginally better than Octopus who give 75% but they do have bonuses and spot prizes.

If your with a supplier who is not participating in the national grid scheme it might be worthwhile.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
cycling_mike

Re: Saving Settings by Power rewards

Post by cycling_mike »

I have opted in to Power Rewards, they have had Grid events on Monday 30th (0900 - 1000) and today 31st (1730 - 1830). As my daytime usage is fully from the batteries I have tipped my toe into the scheme by switching load into the in-day adjustment period to see if it generates any result. Not on the scale of any of the Forum Ultras (you know who you are) but will see what happens.
The app says it will take 2-5 days to see the result.