G99 Comissioning forms and schematic

Ronski

G99 Comissioning forms and schematic

Post by Ronski »

My additional system is installed, and now I need to complete this form and send in a schematic etc.

Hopefully I have the correct form, my system has an existing 3.68kw system installed in 2015, and my new Victron system (PV with DC battery) installed recently.

Presumably I need to list both systems on that form, as I did for the G99 application last year?

On page 3 under information to be enclosed it states "As installed Standard Application Form data, unless already provided", what is this?

Do I need to fill out part 2?
Ronski

Re: G99 Comissioning forms and schematic

Post by Ronski »

I've drawn my system schematic for the DNO, anything I've left off or any problems?

Link for bigger picture.

ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Hello

Is there an Earth connection on your
Generation Meter. Utility Meter and Energy Meter. ?
ALAN/ALAN D

Post by ALAN/ALAN D »

Hello

Is there an Earth connection on your
sharpener

Post by sharpener »

If they were being picky they might want to see an RCD protecting the Quattro, not a fused switch, as mandated by the IET CoP.

Otherwise it looks a very neat and comprehensive job to judge by yr pix in the other thread.
16 x 230W Upsolar panels in S Devon, ~3.9 MWh/year
8 x 405W Longi panels, 3.355 MWh/yr projected
Victron MultiPlus II-GX 48/5000/70-50 with 250/60 MPPT
3 x Pylontec 3.55 kWh Force-L2
zappi 7kW EV charger
Villavent whole-house MVHR
5000l rainwater system
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Looking at your emergency Inverter bypass and the two three position changeover switches it would appear that you could connect the output from the Quattro to the grid, which if that output is not grid tied would be a problem. There are no notes on the sketch to explain which connection on the quattro is being used in that part of the sketch.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

ALAN/ALAN D wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:49 am Is there an Earth connection on your
There is an earth in the generation meter, but I'm pretty certain its just looped into a terminal block, when the E112 was fitted an earth was taken from this terminal block to the earth terminal in the metal housing that the E112 is installed in, I've altered the drawing to reflect this.

No, the utility meter doesn't have an earth, I'd checked a photo of it when I did the drawing and it looked like an earth went in to it, but it actually runs up the side, do I've deleted that, thanks.

sharpener wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:55 pm If they were being picky they might want to see an RCD protecting the Quattro, not a fused switch, as mandated by the IET CoP.

Otherwise it looks a very neat and comprehensive job to judge by yr pix in the other thread.
Thanks, for whatever reason the electricians didn't install one, but if the DNO are picky then I can get one fitted.
Countrypaul wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:02 pm Looking at your emergency Inverter bypass and the two three position changeover switches it would appear that you could connect the output from the Quattro to the grid, which if that output is not grid tied would be a problem. There are no notes on the sketch to explain which connection on the quattro is being used in that part of the sketch.
Thanks, I'll update the drawing to show which connections are being used. My understanding is that there is no possibility of feeding the grid from AC Out 1, the electricians who installed the AC side of the install checked it, and were happy with it. Perhaps I'll also change that part of the drawing to make it clearer.

Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Updated schematic.

Link for bigger picture

Andy

Post by Andy »

Ronski wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:13 pm Updated schematic.

What software are you using for drawing the schematic? I’m doing one as well but can’t make it anywhere as nice as yours.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Visio Professional, keys available online at a very reasonable prices.

First time I've ever used it, probably taken me just over a week, but only doing bits of an evening. I did cheat a little, the battery and solar panels were lifted from a friends drawing, but still needed a little alteration. I've been collecting schematics for a while, so I referred to them to get the gist of what was required. Also watched some YouTube videos on how to use Visio.