Sun Sync?

Lincs Robert

Sun Sync?

Post by Lincs Robert »

Does anyone have experience of these? A family member has just got one an installation of 10 panels, a 3.6kW hybrid inverter & 2 x 5.2 kWh batteries.

Seems a no frills & cost effective system. I’d not heard of them before & wondered if there was any experience amongst forum members.

Cheers
richbee

Re: Sun Sync?

Post by richbee »

Lincs Robert wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:18 am Does anyone have experience of these? A family member has just got one an installation of 10 panels, a 3.6kW hybrid inverter & 2 x 5.2 kWh batteries.

Seems a no frills & cost effective system. I’d not heard of them before & wondered if there was any experience amongst forum members.

Cheers
I've got a SunSynk system, assume it is the same.
I had 14 panels, plus 3.6kW hybrid inverter and 1x 5.12kWh battery installed. The actual system works pretty well (installers were a different matter, but that's not really relevant!). I've added a 2nd battery now and it all works pretty seamlessly - you just need to make sure the battery makers are the same - as they have gone from CATL to BYD and they do not play nicely together!
They seemed to have originally been mostly south africa based, so were very much into coping with load shedding, rather than charging up the battery from solar PV, but that seems to be changing, with more UK installs & knowledge.
The app is pretty good (mobile and windows) and you can control parameters yourself as long as you have the admin password.
There is an online (FB) community with some links to the company, which is fairly active for queries etc.
The installers did offer me the choice between Sunsynk & Growatt - they recommended the SunSynk
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Ripple WB 200W
pudding

Post by pudding »

Same here, 3.6 Sunsynk with 3.5kW array on 1 MPPT input, so one still spare, and initially had 4x Pylontech us3000c initially, and added another myself at the start of the year. All works great, catches any excess from the other 4kW array I've got on another inverter. Decent app and web portal.
4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
8kW GSHP/MVHR/5kW A2A HP/ Ripple- KH & DW & P4 on the way :D
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:18 am Does anyone have experience of these? A family member has just got one an installation of 10 panels, a 3.6kW hybrid inverter & 2 x 5.2 kWh batteries.

Cheers
Sunsynk are another cheap and cheerful Chinese inverter manufacturer. Just like all the rest the interface is a bit "translated from Chinese" but they are reliable and efficient.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Kommando

Post by Kommando »

Sunsynk are made in China but the design was developed by Joel Egan based in the UK. He earlier developed the ubiquitous Sun 1000 Gtil and 2000 Gtil inverters. They are marketed in the US under the Deye name.