Any day now 🤞

Lincs Robert

Any day now 🤞

Post by Lincs Robert »

Ok, so today’s the day that I’ve been advised by China that my recent order for 15 x 230Ah cells will arrive in the UK. My previous two orders “by land train” took 60 days, so I was surprised when the ETA on this shipment was about 30 days.

Bring it on 😀
Joeboy

Re: Any day now 🤞

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:31 pm Ok, so today’s the day that I’ve been advised by China that my recent order for 15 x 230Ah cells will arrive in the UK. My previous two orders “by land train” took 60 days, so I was surprised when the ETA on this shipment was about 30 days.

Bring it on 😀
Merry Christmas 🎅!!
18.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Lincs Robert wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:31 pm Ok, so today’s the day that I’ve been advised by China that my recent order for 15 x 230Ah cells will arrive in the UK. My previous two orders “by land train” took 60 days, so I was surprised when the ETA on this shipment was about 30 days.

Bring it on 😀
And as if by magic, late last night I had a message from DPD saying that they had my packages in the UK and would be in touch in due course regarding delivery. So, I’m hoping that I’ll be busy next week 🤞. Better finish getting my 3rd Lux unit installed hadn’t I?
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

What's your plan for them?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
nowty

Post by nowty »

Lincs Robert wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:12 pm

Bring it on 😀
And as if by magic, late last night I had a message from DPD saying that they had my packages in the UK and would be in touch in due course regarding delivery. So, I’m hoping that I’ll be busy next week 🤞. Better finish getting my 3rd Lux unit installed hadn’t I?
Have you got an export tariff for the saving sessions ? :whistle:
16.9kW PV > 103MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 20MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 500 m3
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

dan_b wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:13 pm What's your plan for them?
At the moment I have two Lux ACS 3600 units with 5 Pylon US2000 on each and also a Chinese stack each. It’s been in a year and works well. The only minor issue is that I now have more storage than I can charge on my Octopus Go 4 hour window overnight. Two Lux units gives me a max charge rate of roughly 7kW, so that’s 28kWh that I can import overnight. Sometimes it’s actually less than that as the batteries charge rate reduces when it’s cold - it does warm during the charge cycle, but there is an occasional restriction. Each of my Chinese stacks adds another 13.4kWh gross, thus giving me a total gross capacity of 50.88kWh.

The plan is to add a third Lux unit, this will increase the charge rate to a theoretical 10.8kW, so in ideal conditions I can import 43kWh in the 4 hour window. However, the third Lux unit needs its own batteries and part of this will be met with the new Chinese stack, supplementing 4 of my existing 10 Pylons. Each of the existing Lux units will have its Pylon count reduced from 5 to 3, with the freed up 4 going to the new Lux. The capacity of the new Chinese stack is slightly less than the existing one as it will be 230Ah cells rather than the existing 280s. This means its capacity is slightly less @ 11KWh rather than the existing 13.4kWh, hence giving it the extra Pylon which neatly levels it all up. The new total gross will be just shy of 62kWh.

Hopefully that all makes sense. I know I’m on the threshold with the 3 Pylons to achieve a 3.6kW charge rate - but I’ll hopefully add some more when funds permit and I’ve seen how the system performs in practice over the coming months.

A somewhat lengthy explanation- but it is the trail of how I got to where I am now.

Cheers- Rob
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:14 pm
At the moment I have two Lux ACS 3600 units with 5 Pylon US2000 on each and also a Chinese stack each. It’s been in a year and works well. The only minor issue is that I now have more storage than I can charge on my Octopus Go 4 hour window overnight. Two Lux units gives me a max charge rate of roughly 7kW, so that’s 28kWh that I can import overnight. Sometimes it’s actually less than that as the batteries charge rate reduces when it’s cold - it does warm during the charge cycle, but there is an occasional restriction. Each of my Chinese stacks adds another 13.4kWh gross, thus giving me a total gross capacity of 50.88kWh.

The plan is to add a third Lux unit, this will increase the charge rate to a theoretical 10.8kW, so in ideal conditions I can import 43kWh in the 4 hour window. However, the third Lux unit needs its own batteries and part of this will be met with the new Chinese stack, supplementing 4 of my existing 10 Pylons. Each of the existing Lux units will have its Pylon count reduced from 5 to 3, with the freed up 4 going to the new Lux. The capacity of the new Chinese stack is slightly less than the existing one as it will be 230Ah cells rather than the existing 280s. This means its capacity is slightly less @ 11KWh rather than the existing 13.4kWh, hence giving it the extra Pylon which neatly levels it all up. The new total gross will be just shy of 62kWh.

Hopefully that all makes sense. I know I’m on the threshold with the 3 Pylons to achieve a 3.6kW charge rate - but I’ll hopefully add some more when funds permit and I’ve seen how the system performs in practice over the coming months.

A somewhat lengthy explanation- but it is the trail of how I got to where I am now.

Cheers- Rob
Some seriously impressive storage there! Are the battery prices much the same as last year?
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:24 pm

Cheers- Rob
Some seriously impressive storage there! Are the battery prices much the same as last year?
No, much lower. My current shipment cells were about $64 for each 230, the previous 280s were about $107 each. I also enjoyed a more favourable exchange rate in paying for them. 👍
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Lincs Robert wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:38 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:24 pm

Cheers- Rob
No, much lower. My current shipment cells were about $64 for each 230, the previous 280s were about $107 each. I also enjoyed a more favourable exchange rate in paying for them. 👍
That's great news! All the best with the build.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
dan_b