New Octopus rates for April

nowty

Re: New Octopus rates for April

Post by nowty »

Thebeeman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:54 am I gather the 10p hike in the daily charge is to cover all the bad debts that the suppliers can no longer fix by pre-payment meters, maybe we are the mugs for paying our bills on time.
Most energy suppliers are again allowed to install or re-programme smart meters into pre-payment meters. There was only a temporary ban whilst a new code of practise was agreed.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utili ... ectricity/
The energy regulator, Ofgem has confirmed that E.on Next, EDF Energy, Octopus Energy, Scottish Power, Utilita, Utility Warehouse and Tru Energy have now met the necessary conditions under the new code to restart forced prepayment meter installations.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Krill

Post by Krill »

I wonder if you can have the outgoing fixed export rate with a prepayment meter...?
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Thebeeman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:54 am
Thebeeman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:08 am I'm on Flexible E7 with Octopus and they seem to be offering me a 12 month fix at the same rate as my April rate, I'm going to stay on flexible and see what happens.
There's bound to be an early exit fee, I can't it find yet, there are some people who will fall for it and then complain bitterly later.
I gather the 10p hike in the daily charge is to cover all the bad debts that the suppliers can no longer fix by pre-payment meters, maybe we are the mugs for paying our bills on time.
There is no exit fee any more, I was on a fixed tariff with one but needed to move onto Flux and was told that the exit fees have been stopped. [They told me that] the constraint is that you can't change tariff for 31 days having made a switch.

What is annoying me is that I can't find out what price Intelligent Octopus Flux will be next month, as I was encouraged to take Flux for the winter and then swap to Intelligent Flux for the months when I was in surplus. They don't admit that it changes daily so you will never know (-if that is the case...) I find this odd because they had no trouble telling me what flux and intelligent flux would cost in the quotes for my pv/battery system - with no hint that these rates were just to illustrate what might happen.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!