Smets 2 offset in full force

Andy

Smets 2 offset in full force

Post by Andy »

I have finally got a SMETS 2 with a seemingly a working connection. Its only day 2 so EON don't seem to have connected yet but it has a green WAN light flashing at the correct interval - fingers crossed-.

It came with an E10 tariff loaded and the IHD shows the times as I'd expect. cheap 0430-0730, 1330-1630,2030-0030. However, the registers don't swap over until 9 minutes 39 seconds after the start of each tariff change. I think it's disgusting that they don't show the correct time of the change over and make money from what you expect to be the cheap period. Like wise you might stop using your power earlier than required when you believe you are in an expensive period when in fact it is still cheap.

Another problem with the meter is there is no way to easily confirm the programming. The only is to use the IHD and check at the end of each period on the screen what the next one is. This should be a mandatory requirement to display _ALL_ the periods programmed.

There is so much wrong with the whole smart meter thing. Its no wonder the majority don't trust them.
Oliver90owner

Re: Smets 2 offset in full force

Post by Oliver90owner »

Mine records power is bring used even when the msins is switched off. Not a lot, but adds up over the year, possibly effectively increasing the standing charge.

Sh*t Shell not interested in their carp meter installations. I wonder if Octopus will be any different on this ‘minor’ matter.