DC side batts + FiT readings

Mart

DC side batts + FiT readings

Post by Mart »

I'm getting closer to getting some batts, but because I don't want the DNO to review my set up*, I'm looking at DC side batts.

Just realised that if I charge them from the grid (which is essential to allow me to use the A2A unit all day), this will bump up my FiT readings on the TGM. Is there a workaround for this, like a TGM that net's off import?

*After giving me a 5.9kW export limit in 2012 for a PV extension, they later (in 2019 when I asked about a V2G scheme), told me I shouldn't have more than 3.68kW, but were not minded to change it. Bit ominous, hence why I'd rather not prompt a review, even if just a zero export application, for an AC side batt, since that will add an additional inverter's rating, for which they need to be informed.
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
nowty

Re: DC side batts + FiT readings

Post by nowty »

Yes, one of these or similar, you will have to contact your FIT provider, no need to bother the DNO.
https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/buy/me ... onal-meter

"These bi-directional meters from Emlite display three readings: Import,export and Net (import deducted from Export). They are needed for PV installations with hybrid battery storage and to replace existing old meters if DC storage is retrofitted."

"OFGEM guidance says that any DC coupled battery system on a FiT installation which has the ability to charge from the AC (regardless of whether it is set up or not) must have a bi-directional meter installed in order to claim the FiT."
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
Mart

Post by Mart »

Boy, that was fast Nowty, many thanks. I did have a slight panic, should have assumed there was a simple solution. The FiT deal is too good, to do anything to mess around, or risk losing it.
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
nowty

Post by nowty »

You may have to persevere with your FIT provider as the first person you talk to might not have a clue.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/ ... idance.pdf

Section 4.16 and specifically section 4.19.

You will have to opt out of deemed exports and sign up for SEG export which allows some ineligible (grid) leccy to be exported.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3