FiT deemed vs export …

Lincs Robert

FiT deemed vs export …

Post by Lincs Robert »

Hello all,

Id appreciate your critique on my logic here please.

My main system gets me the lovely FiT tariff, complete with deemed 50% export. For 2023 that deemed export gave me just over £100 on top of the generated element. My actual export in 2023 was 2160 kWh, slightly more than half but most of that comes from my excess capacity from spring through to autumn. I’d expect 2024 to be a similar deemed export as my main FiT system has no extra capacity, but increased overall export due to further expansion of my non-FiT elements. At the moment that extra is just flowing out to the grid & I’m not getting anything for it.

Using 2023 figures only, am i correct in assuming that the actual export tariff is 15p? If so then that would earn me some £324 vs the £100 for deemed.

I have a smart meter and am on Octopus Go, so what steps do I need to take to go from deemed to actual? Do i just advise my FiT provider, EoN, that I no longer wish to receive the deemed element and ask Octopus to do something? If so, exactly what do i ask them to do please? Will i need to dig out the MCS certificates for my installations?

Im assuming that when it’s all in place theres nothing to stop me filling my boots on Go @ 9p and then exporting @ 15p? I’m cautious about doing that on any large scale as won’t it excessively cycle the batteries?

I don’t currently have an EV, although did when we initially went onto Go. Could i be shooting myself in the foot should I purchase an EV in the future?

Anyway, id appreciate your comments on my ramblings.

Thanks - Rob
Yuff

Re: FiT deemed vs export …

Post by Yuff »

My view is cycle the batteries whilst you can, as I can’t see these tariffs lasting too much longer, although I hope I am wrong.
If you get an EV go on to IOG and you’ll potentially get extra slots to top your batteries up.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:26 pm

Using 2023 figures only, am i correct in assuming that the actual export tariff is 15p?

I have a smart meter and am on Octopus Go, so what steps do I need to take to go from deemed to actual?

Im assuming that when it’s all in place theres nothing to stop me filling my boots on Go @ 9p and then exporting @ 15p?
The 15p export isn't allowed with GO, it is reduced to 8p (or was ) the full export rate is available with Intelligent Go.

Octopus have so far taken a few months to remove me from deemed export and get me an export MPAN for mysmart meter.

In my case I only export slightly more in value than the deemed rate but that should change when I put more panels up with a second inverter.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

openspaceman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:48 pm
Lincs Robert wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:26 pm

Using 2023 figures only, am i correct in assuming that the actual export tariff is 15p?

I have a smart meter and am on Octopus Go, so what steps do I need to take to go from deemed to actual?

Im assuming that when it’s all in place theres nothing to stop me filling my boots on Go @ 9p and then exporting @ 15p?
The 15p export isn't allowed with GO, it is reduced to 8p (or was ) the full export rate is available with Intelligent Go.

Octopus have so far taken a few months to remove me from deemed export and get me an export MPAN for mysmart meter.

In my case I only export slightly more in value than the deemed rate but that should change when I put more panels up with a second inverter.
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
nowty

Post by nowty »

I have a thread about my move to deemed exports here, the process was mainly painless, took about 7 weeks.
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... =14&t=2565

Its a one way process, once you give up deemed exports, you can never go back and there are no guarantees about future export rates.

But looks like I will make multiple times, probably like x5 (or more) the amount I got on deemed exports, at least in my first year.
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
John_S

Post by John_S »

I started the move to deemed export in October and am still not there.
Octopus slipped up somewhere along the line. Having got an MPAN number, they “forgot” to register themselves as the supplier. They are do nothing to expedite the next stages other than telling me the usual timescale is about three weeks.
Andy

Post by Andy »

John_S wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:13 pm I started the move to deemed export in October and am still not there.
Octopus slipped up somewhere along the line. Having got an MPAN number, they “forgot” to register themselves as the supplier. They are do nothing to expedite the next stages other than telling me the usual timescale is about three weeks.
The ombudsman is usually a wonderful way of greasing the process.