Roger looking for Nowty

Sunrisemike

Roger looking for Nowty

Post by Sunrisemike »

Found this posted over there, don't know if you know who it is. I can't reply to him..

Mike

Nissan batteries
in Batteries & Inverters
Hi nowty.

You helped me out last time with Nissan 48v battery bank, hoping you may be able to advise me again.

In the interim I have managed to cook 3 of the cells but still have 7x7 cells all balanced.

I see there is a sma s 18.oh.ll for sale so if I bought this then it would be able to recognize the lmo/nmc cells from the Nissan.

The one I have now is the old type 5048 which feeds in to 1000amp forklift battery's.

I still haven't fitted a bms on the battery's which I know they need, have had a look at the daily and think that may work.

I have been trying for some time to sort this out, to no avail, so if you can help in any way I would be very grateful.

Roger
Off grid.
3.9 kw solar panels
6 x solar collectors
40 kWh rolls batteries
Orligno wood gasification boiler
2000 litre storage tank
Lister generator...
nowty

Re: Roger looking for Nowty

Post by nowty »

Like most people on here and elsewhere, I don't know him personally, but I do recall his system, nice large DIY battery system using scrapped nissan leaf cells, joined together with copper strips and running off an old Sunny Island. I love that sort of thing. :twisted:

I recall he had a problem of manually altering the battery voltage settings. There was some good pictures and plenty of techy chat, another nice historic thread shredded.

Unfortunately I am not prepared to even login to "over there" even to help an old friend in need, but if he finds us here, and as he only joined "over there" a few days ago, its probably only a matter of time before he finds his way back to the round table. ;)
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Imp

Post by Imp »

Thanks Mike, much appreciated.🙂
Sunrisemike

Post by Sunrisemike »

Glad you found it before it was deleted!

Mike
Off grid.
3.9 kw solar panels
6 x solar collectors
40 kWh rolls batteries
Orligno wood gasification boiler
2000 litre storage tank
Lister generator...