Introducing me ….

Lincs Robert

Introducing me ….

Post by Lincs Robert »

Hi,

I’m Rob & live in Lincolnshire- hence the forum name. I’ve had solar (4kW 16 panels) since 2011 & upgraded to Solar Edge in 2017. I then had a disappointing venture with a Powervault battery in 2019 and ripped it out after a month. I bit the bullet and had a Lux Power ACS3600 ac battery system fitted with 8 Pylontech batteries giving me 19.2kWh of battery storage. I topped it off with a 2nd solar PV system, solar edge again, this time a 3kW system which is fed with 16 300 watt panels & yes, I know I have 4800 of DC into a 3000 rated inverter. That’s deliberate as due to available roof space I have a fair number of north facing panels - so there isn’t much I can do about that & I’m actually quite happy with the performance.

Ok, so what’s my point?

My issue relates to the Lux Power ACS3600 unit and the lack of info on using the app - which I have on my iPad & iPhone. I haven’t been provided with any instruction on the system and have been using trial & error essentially. The system works well enough & I have worked out how to charge using cheap power when there’s been no useful solar during the day. The app is “ok”, but clunky and the live display is in anything but real time.

My unit died after less than a years use - & was replaced with a new unit no quibble.

Can anyone point me in the right direction re the unit as I’m sure there is info out there - which I just can’t find.

In anticipation- Rob
Stinsy

Re: Introducing me ….

Post by Stinsy »

The web interface is better than the app but it is all a bit basic and very “Chinese”.

What are you trying to achieve?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

I think the interface is decent!

https://github.com/celsworth/lxp-bridge

Is a mqtt bridge to and from lux inverters.
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Welcome to the forum!
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Forever nosey (that I am) Lincs is quite a big area up to Hull (except for that split in the landscape) where the uk solar long/lat maps are concerned (anticipated generation)

Welcome.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Oliver90owner

Post by Oliver90owner »

Like Mr Gus really.

I live in Lincs but used to be able to throw a stone over the county boundary. I can easily run through 4 counties, in the car, and return home in little over five minutes - certainly less than ten!