Question for the Lux Power users

SafetyThird

Question for the Lux Power users

Post by SafetyThird »

I know a few on here use Lux Power inverters, just wondering how you've found them, whether you've had any issues with them and, if you have, what the support has been like.

I've been waiting for over a week for someone to return emails and phone messages from the main importer/distributor, Infinity Innovations, who just aren't getting back to me. Getting hold of any distributors also seems difficult as not many folks do them. If there were to be any issues in the future, I'm wondering how easy it might be to get support from them as, it doesn't look that great going by my recent attempts to talk to people about them or even purchase them.

Givenergy on the other hand seem to have mostly good and active customer support but I'd rather go the independent route with the Lux Power inverter as that will probably suit my needs best.

Just interested to hear what folks might have found from their own experience.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
Stinsy

Re: Question for the Lux Power users

Post by Stinsy »

SafetyThird wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:48 pm I know a few on here use Lux Power inverters, just wondering how you've found them, whether you've had any issues with them and, if you have, what the support has been like.

I've been waiting for over a week for someone to return emails and phone messages from the main importer/distributor, Infinity Innovations, who just aren't getting back to me. Getting hold of any distributors also seems difficult as not many folks do them. If there were to be any issues in the future, I'm wondering how easy it might be to get support from them as, it doesn't look that great going by my recent attempts to talk to people about them or even purchase them.

Givenergy on the other hand seem to have mostly good and active customer support but I'd rather go the independent route with the Lux Power inverter as that will probably suit my needs best.

Just interested to hear what folks might have found from their own experience.
Infinity Innovations are crap. However for support you can contact LuxPower direct, the person who responds clearly doesn’t have English as their first language but they’re helpful and responsive.

The inverter itself does its job very well and very reliably. I’ve never heard of anyone suffering a breakdown, these kind of devices are much more reliable than they used to be. The user interface is a bit “Chinese” but it works and is easy to use.

You have to understand you’re buying something a notch below Solis/SoFar and the others pricewise. Is support that you’ll probably never need worth an extra few hundred £?

If you do a search online you’ll find loads of people who describe the Lux inverter thus: great product, great price, crap UK distributer.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Haven't had any need for any support.

Works perfectly.

I would like to export the data it collects to pvoutput but I can't find an easy way to do this, but I'll just use openemon instead.
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

Thank you both, that does make me much happier to go ahead. Appreciate the comments.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW