A little update

Don't keep it to yourself - we want to see it
SafetyThird

A little update

Post by SafetyThird »

After getting our extensions built over the past year, I finally managed to get the inverters and batteries moved into their new home. Picked up a used server rack for £90 which fits the 8 x US3000 pylon tech batteries. Luxpower EPS output feeds a consumer unit which runs all the house lighting and a ring circuit which gives us power to the living room and the office which includes the server cupboard powering all the networking and internet so my wife can keep working on occasions when the power goes out.

With the ground source pulling more than 3.5kw during the winter and cooking being all electric, I'm looking to add a second Luxpower Squirrel pod to allow us to keep as much of our power usage from the battery stack as possible and reduce further our peak rate power consumption. Need to talk to the DNO about that I think although we had all the paperwork done for the solar and battery inverters when they were installed but I think an additional inverter will require further permission to install.

6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
richbee

Re: A little update

Post by richbee »

SafetyThird wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:52 pm After getting our extensions built over the past year, I finally managed to get the inverters and batteries moved into their new home. Picked up a used server rack for £90 which fits the 8 x US3000 pylon tech batteries. Luxpower EPS output feeds a consumer unit which runs all the house lighting and a ring circuit which gives us power to the living room and the office which includes the server cupboard powering all the networking and internet so my wife can keep working on occasions when the power goes out.

With the ground source pulling more than 3.5kw during the winter and cooking being all electric, I'm looking to add a second Luxpower Squirrel pod to allow us to keep as much of our power usage from the battery stack as possible and reduce further our peak rate power consumption. Need to talk to the DNO about that I think although we had all the paperwork done for the solar and battery inverters when they were installed but I think an additional inverter will require further permission to install.

Looks like a very smart setup
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Ripple WB 200W
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

That server cabinet was a bargain for housing your batteries, very tidy. :xl:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

Yes, I'd had my eye on marketplace and gumtree for months but all the reasonably priced ones were up in London or northern England and I'm down in North Devon. This one turned up at a military surplus place in Plymouth so only an hour's drive away. Had to buy some support brackets for the back of the batteries but all in it was about £150
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW