Mobile phone replacement battery supplier

AE-NMidlands

Mobile phone replacement battery supplier

Post by AE-NMidlands »

As above... has anybody got recommendations of good firms or ones to avoid? I'm aware of the risk of buying a dud if I just take the paid-for ad on Google, or get the cheapest from China...
I was recommended IFixit but but it just tells you how to do it (simple on a 6-yr old Alcatel phone) then directs you to a non-existent external site for the sale!
Why are things never straightforward?
Thanks
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Thebeeman

Re: Mobile phone replacement battery supplier

Post by Thebeeman »

Personally I only use "Original" batteries. If they fail or screw the phone at least you have some comeback.
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

We are an Apple family. Took my son’s 12 pro into the store, for £60 and under 2hrs they fitted a new battery. Genuine Apple repair too. I was quite impressed with that!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Tay

Post by Tay »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:28 pm As above... has anybody got recommendations of good firms or ones to avoid? I'm aware of the risk of buying a dud if I just take the paid-for ad on Google, or get the cheapest from China...
I was recommended IFixit but but it just tells you how to do it (simple on a 6-yr old Alcatel phone) then directs you to a non-existent external site for the sale!
Why are things never straightforward?
Thanks
A
You pays your money and takes your chances to be honest.

I've paid a lot and the screen cracked within a few days of battery being changed, another one I paid £35 at Timsons and got a new battery that Apple refused to change. I still have the iPhone 6S 3 years later and still working perfectly as a spare, currently updating to its latest supported IOS as I write this.

Take it to Timsons if you have one of those around you, they say soon enough if they can help or not.
PV 1.1kWh
Victron Multiplus 8K II 48v/100A + Victron 150/35 charge controller + lynx 1000
CerboGX, 25kW Pylontech batteries
Octopus Agile - Cheaper Battery Charging
Another 2.3kWh on the horizon - ground mount+575's