Lobbying for heat only air conditioning to receive public support

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
Swwils

Re: Lobbying for heat only air conditioning to receive public support

Post by Swwils »

It's a unique UK probelm. Mainly because we don't have the brains to understand how they work and our housing stock is hilariously bad.

It's off-the-shelf supermarket common everywhere else. If you have a large house and no funds you just install a multi-head capable split then install rooms cassettes as required.
Stinsy

Re: Lobbying for heat only air conditioning to receive public support

Post by Stinsy »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:45 am Whilst i am an advocate of A2A HP there is one issue rarely discussed and that is that hot air rises and the temp difference can be significant, perhaps 5/6 C between ceiling and leg height. This means that when warming up a room one has to wait for the "warm air to come down".

Now compare that to a system where the heat is largely radiated eg electric element or wood stove. There is a lot to be said for radiant heat heating and electric fires, the heat is almost immediate and direct and one can feel warm when the house is cold. I was in a factory the other day where workers had radiant heaters directed at them and i have been in factories with overhead gas radiant tubes.

Just feel we are missing a trick somewhere.
With an A2A the air circulates surprisingly well so there is no noticeable temperature difference high-up to down-low. In fact I’ve been surprised how well the warm air gets into my son’s room which is some distance away and round the corner from the A2A.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)