Gas Usage while on holiday?

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
Yuff

Re: Gas Usage while on holiday?

Post by Yuff »

Does anyone have an idea of any solutions to this issue?
We have a gas fire, in the lounge, and SWMBO would like to keep it. I contacted the fire supplier to see if I could switch the fire to LPG, but they stopped doing that in the last couple of years and couldn’t recommend a solution.
The room has UF heating so a fire is quite handy. I would like to get rid of our gas supply but this is the only issue stopping me and SWMBO is digging her heels in :|
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Yuff wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:36 am Does anyone have an idea of any solutions to this issue?
We have a gas fire, in the lounge, and SWMBO would like to keep it. I contacted the fire supplier to see if I could switch the fire to LPG, but they stopped doing that in the last couple of years and couldn’t recommend a solution.
The room has UF heating so a fire is quite handy. I would like to get rid of our gas supply but this is the only issue stopping me and SWMBO is digging her heels in :|
I believe that any gas appliance can be converted to bottle gas simply by swapping the jet nozzle.

They look like this:

12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

What is the make and model of your fire?
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm elsewhere tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

You need to consult the manufacturers installation instructions, only if they specifically state and supply the conversion kit can you do it. If it is an ILFE or a DFE model be careful as the ventilation requirements may be different for LPG.

DESP
Blah blah blah
Yuff

Post by Yuff »

Fintray wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:19 am What is the make and model of your fire?
I’ll find out and post it.
Mitsubishi Ecodan
ASHP 8.5kW x 2
12 x 460w Solar panels
9.5kWh GivEnergy
Batteries x 2
EVs x 3 170 kWh Batteries
Ripple 5.8 kW PV
Ken

Post by Ken »

The title is gas usage while on holiday but it does not align with your discussion or is it just me