I'm looking at storage heaters - "but oh my", the cost even for S/H !!

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
Tay

Re: I'm looking at storage heaters - "but oh my", the cost even for S/H !!

Post by Tay »

I've found a couple of these units - Creda TSR12AW - anybody used these before?

They seem to offer 2 types of power input according to the online manual which they call restricted supply and unrestricted supply (I'm assuming off peak/E5/E7 and the latter being peak).

I presume simply plugging into the peak rate then controlling that via a smart socket (for use at my off peak rate) would do the job?
I'm guessing the machine would function in this state or does it specifically need to have both supplies connected?

tia
PV 1.1kWh
Victron Multiplus 8K II 48v/100A + Victron 150/35 charge controller + lynx 1000
CerboGX, 25kW Pylontech batteries
Octopus Agile - Cheaper Battery Charging
Another 2.3kWh on the horizon - ground mount+575's
AGT

Post by AGT »

If it was the pre lot 20 heaters the 24 hr supply was just for a fan convector heater, the off peak for the storage heater part.
Tay

Post by Tay »

AGT wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:34 pm If it was the pre lot 20 heaters the 24 hr supply was just for a fan convector heater, the off peak for the storage heater part.
There doesnt appear to be any mention of Lot20, so hopefully thats the case. Although as time progresses the details provided are unraveling a bit.

"Yep cash on collection, I haven't touched them so assume bricks are still fitted as from clearance. Listed elsewhere so message me on Saturday for full details on Saturday if still interested. Thanks" - "Never used been in storage, some marks but only cosmetic."

Not sure I cba to drive an hour to find out if there are bricks in them or not, or the fact they have been moved from a clearance with the bricks still in them.

Deep joy.
PV 1.1kWh
Gareth J

Post by Gareth J »

I've a friend in Exeter who's imminently going to be selling some dimplex units ~2021. If you happen to be near.
Tay

Post by Tay »

Not really, I live in Worthing.

Its a bit of a trek that one, done that a few times for holidays and to pick up our current hound. 6-8hrs round trip all things being well, so a tad far for me. but thanks for thinking of me.
PV 1.1kWh
Tay

Post by Tay »

I managed to secure a couple of Dimplex 18Kw storage units that were a little closer to home.

One is a straight forward plug and go the other has the option for the E7 stuff and the convection heater element, I'll have a play with that one last.

Off to collect this week hopefully, if I can get the car of the wife. Both look in pretty good condition and work. Just in the nick of time as the temps are starting to drop here little and would be nice to have the option of cheap heat during the day.

I dont E7 per se, so I've got one wifi plug somewhere that will charge one up and we'll see how that goes.
PV 1.1kWh
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Tay wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:35 pm Off to collect this week hopefully, if I can get the car off the wife. Both look in pretty good condition and work. Just in the nick of time as the temps are starting to drop here little and would be nice to have the option of cheap heat during the day.
My car and wife both work pretty well too, but I won't mention the condition... :lol:
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

:lol:
Tay

Post by Tay »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:51 pm
Tay wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:35 pm Off to collect this week hopefully, if I can get the car off the wife. Both look in pretty good condition and work. Just in the nick of time as the temps are starting to drop here little and would be nice to have the option of cheap heat during the day.
My car and wife both work pretty well too, but I won't mention the condition... :lol:
Its an Audi Allroad (with Air suspension) She'll be fine ^^ :lol:
PV 1.1kWh
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Tay wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:03 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:51 pm
Its an Audi Allroad (with Air suspension) She'll be fine ^^ :lol:
And what about the wife? :lol: