Air source heat pump installation good bad or ugly

Air source, ground source and associated systems for heating homes
Fueltheburn

Re: Air source heat pump installation good bad or ugly

Post by Fueltheburn »

I only have the 6kw downstairs unit in for now, so have only paid half.
The unit is a Panasonic. I don't have an F-gas cert nor do I have a coring piece long enough to get through the granite. The only coring piece I could find to fit my SDS drill that was over 450mm deep was nearly as much as getting someone else to do the work. Checking the trade price on supply for Aircon unit as well...the installer is maybe making £800 inclusive of fitting.
The electrics are pre-installed outside for the second one going in.

All the above combined, it was easier passing off the job to someone else.

The Panasonic unit I have is an updated version only released last year. It is quiet enough but the inside unit does ramp up when it's cold, which has been regularly here in Scotland recently. You get used to the fan noise and it isn't too intrusive. The outside unit is very quiet.

I have my unit set to heat at 20c during the day and 18c at night. The fan is set to strong. It does all the hard work pushing the air from the living room into the dining room and kitchen. These settings may change once the second unit is in upstairs. I will likely turn the fan settings down to quiet once the second unit is in.

I also like the graphs the app shows you. Showing inside air temp, outside air temp and energy consumed daily all the way through to annual. All wrapped up in a very concise bar chart.

My biggest issue in getting the Aircon in was finding a reliable installer and one who could fit it in a time slot that was acceptable.
3kW FIT Solar
0.8kW balcony solar.
2,372 W of turbine at Whitelaw Brae
6kw Panasonic air to air heat pump for downstairs.
2 WBS. Stovax 8kw and 5kw Morso squirrel
Rointe D series in 2 bedrooms and bathroom.
Aiming to go fully electric....