How about the latest infra-red panels, in your home?

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
Stan

How about the latest infra-red panels, in your home?

Post by Stan »

The advantage is low upfront cost and simple installation. I’ve banged on in the past about my little infra-red lamps to keep feet warm in the shoulder evenings. Perhaps I should use these as well.
Stinsy

Re: How about the latest infra-red panels, in your home?

Post by Stinsy »

Infra red is good for large or draughty spaces. You’re heating the person / objects, not the air…
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Stan

Post by Stan »

Well yes. We’re about to start the great game (some might say we’ve already started) of avoiding lighting the boiler, which is a log burner in my case. My heat lamps are used to keep Mr and Mrs Stan’s feet warm in the Autumn evenings as we will each inevitably be sitting at different computers or reading.
I’m tempted to buy a small plug and play panel just to see how effective it can be. Pity about the recent thumping great rise in electricity prices but the real issue is reducing carbon emissions if we can afford it.
Sunrisemike

Post by Sunrisemike »

I have a small 200 watt curved one. Love it! Plus infrared blanket.. Cosy. Healthy as well..
Off grid.
3.9 kw solar panels
6 x solar collectors
40 kWh rolls batteries
Orligno wood gasification boiler
2000 litre storage tank
Lister generator...