Embellishing twots are us.. Coren

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
AGT

Re: Embellishing twots are us.. Coren

Post by AGT »

Decided to top up while waiting to pick up Son.

Spend 20 minutes typing the 5 digit location code into the app, throws up chargers 50 miles away.
Have to agree that my experience with chargers/apps are piss poor.

I have a charger at home, so not the end of the world, but doesn’t inspire me to travel out with a battery charge range..
spread-tee

Post by spread-tee »

Charging must be like going to a petrol station, you fill up and pay. All this mucking about with apps and accounts and finding the correct cable/charger etc etc is putting a lot of people off taking the plunge.

Desp
Blah blah blah
AGT

Post by AGT »

Fully agree Desp,

I can buy a packet of crisps from a vending machine and pay via contactless, yet can’t charge the car.

Mart

Post by Mart »

Pure coincidence, just watched a Fully Charged vid, and Bobby was chatting to a lady in Australia who works for a charger manufacturer (Bobby's in Aus at the moment).

He mentioned having difficulty paying at an Aussie charger as his phone was set up as UK. Then said at least in the UK, we now have tap and pay (or something like that, I forget), and the lady said yes, and they hope to do similar in Aus, so you don't need all the apps.

So, not saying it's in the UK, at least not everywhere, and I have no knowledge of the non-Tesla chargers, but he seemed to say it quite casually, so maybe it's been rolling out over here?
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
AGT

Post by AGT »

That would take one headache away, being able to pay with a card rather than deal with apps/ poor mobile coverage.

Just want to plug in and charge.
I do this at home, a few seconds later and the car is charging, no apps or anything.
Fortunately we have an ICE car too so that’s for longer journeys with my car used for the local shopping/ kids journeys/ daily commute
Mart

Post by Mart »

AGT wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:16 pm That would take one headache away, being able to pay with a card rather than deal with apps/ poor mobile coverage.

Just want to plug in and charge.
I do this at home, a few seconds later and the car is charging, no apps or anything.
Fortunately we have an ICE car too so that’s for longer journeys with my car used for the local shopping/ kids journeys/ daily commute
Yep, hope it's correct, as that would make life easier. Also, doesn't it make sense to the charger companies, since they make money when selling leccy, so anything that makes life easier, and increases use would be a good thing.

It's still early days, but I'm not sure that, that excuse will remain valid for much longer as the sales of BEV's increase, and the UK fleet as a whole grows. I suspect those coming at this from a green and ethical angle, is now reducing (as a percentage), so the goodwill of users can't be assumed much longer, and a good service for all is getting more and more imporant.
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

Been full EV here for six years, iMiev, B Class and now Model S

iMiev and Merc were fun times but since going Tesla, no issues. Even went on holiday to Spain in it for free (free supercharging!)

Should have bought a Tesla.....
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
AGT

Post by AGT »

Quite happy with my egolf, suits me and my families needs.
VW dealers 5 and 10 miles away so no issues with support.
Drop car off in the morning, walk down to work, pick up later in the day, no hassles.
I’ve had mine 2 years and no hassles when I charge at home or one other site that has an RFID tag

No Tesla dealers close by so wasn’t going to be an option. Plus more expensive purchase price.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

As most of the providers are.able to be lumped in on one card these days we opted for the europe wide chargemap.
its the first card we hit up these days as it was not worth sticking with bp cjargemaster any longer.

Non teslas @tesla superchargers also charged the same price from the blurb below..

https://chargemap.com/tesla-superchargers handy for french france 👍 ..the most likely direction of travel taking your car into europe, certainly now the ferry choice is so limited elsewhere.

(& some questionable ferry owners, P&O)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

BP Chargers, would rather let it run out and push it home than charge with one of those :evil:

I'm sure at 75p a kW its cheaper to use Diesel??

https://electrek.co/2023/03/03/tesla-de ... r-v4-huge/

Tesla 1000v chargers being deployed, Europe first. Land grab time for Tesla

Apparently, a Tesla Supercharger costs a fifth of the cost to make as comparable models from other charger manufacturers
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost