Global BEV sales hit 12%

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
dan_b

Global BEV sales hit 12%

Post by dan_b »

Feels like the adoption curve is well and truly established now. Although paradoxically with a lot of new EV makers going bust at the same time.
Tesla and BYS appear to be stealing everybody's breakfast, lunch and dinner between them.

https://cleantechnica.com/2023/05/09/wo ... uto-sales/
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
NikoV6

Re: Global BEV sales hit 12%

Post by NikoV6 »

I think the adoption is far quicker than any legacy auto manufacturer predicted! I have said for a while, the first manufacturer to get an EV to £3K down, £200 a month, 300+miles range will not be able to make enough of them. I suspect that's about mid 2025 :mrgreen:

People generally buy what is of most value to them, when they do the maths on running an EV against a comparable new ICE there is no contest. The fact that mass EV adoption will improve overall health is largely forgotten :D
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Mart

Post by Mart »

Here's a mighty prediction, from the CEO of the Chinese manufacturer Li Auto, he's just upped his prediction for the end of 2025, from 70% to 80% NEV sales in China.

NEV's are new energy vehicles, and include PHEV's. [Not to be confused with NEV's in the US, which are neighbourhood electric vehicles, a classification allowing the use, in some low speed areas (suburbs etc) of slower BEV's such as golf carts.]

Sounds high to me, but the speed of the ramp up in China is impressive, and they have decent PHEV's, with longer electric ranges, so he may be right. And the article says that Tony Seba agrees ..... and I'd never bet against Tony and his incredible calcs and predictions on disruption/disruptive technologies.

For the UK, I'd suggest a PEV (plug in vehicle (BEV + PHEV)) figure of about 10% x the year of the decade, so maybe 30% for the later months of 2023, 40% for 2024 etc. But that's only a rough guess.

Auto boss says EV market share could hit 80 pct in China in 2025
The founder and CEO of Chinese car manufacturing Li Auto says electric vehicles sales could hit a staggering 80 per cent of all new cars sold in China by the end of 2025.

“By December 2025, NEVs will account for more than 80 per cent of all new vehicle sales in China” said Li Xiang on his WeChat account.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Ha Ha, oh Mart ;)
Another bloody vehicle acronym..

You're going to have to change your profile sig to a crib sheet of vehicular definitions.

This is going to kill me, what's next!? :lol:
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Who doesn't love a TLA...

(Three Letter Acronym)
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mart

Post by Mart »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:01 pm Ha Ha, oh Mart ;)
Another bloody vehicle acronym..

You're going to have to change your profile sig to a crib sheet of vehicular definitions.

This is going to kill me, what's next!? :lol:
That's a good idea, the list is almost out of control, but as I always say GIYF (fully tongue-in-cheek).
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

It's a real brain injury stumbling block sadly.
Can hit us who are pushing the synapses like a locomotive as hard as 5 pints of session ale to a non drinker.

As I always remind people "every time I play cards I have to be taught the game from new" our brains work very differently, like a shit russian T65 tank pulled out of storage is to a panzer mk 2

Sad really I'm one of the recovery success stories. "technically"
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more