Octopus buys Shell Energy Retail Ltd

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
dan_b

Re: Octopus buys Shell Energy Retail Ltd

Post by dan_b »

At this rate, Octopus will be the single energy supplier left! Any idea on how many more customers they've added through all the recent supplier collapses and buy-outs? Must be a concern for their customer services team if nothing else?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

Our broadband and phone is/was through Shell Energy.
Absolutely superb easy to manage good customer service, so hopefully that wont change with the sale.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
Oliver90owner

Post by Oliver90owner »

resybaby wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:38 am Our broadband and phone is/was through Shell Energy.
Absolutely superb easy to manage good customer service, so hopefully that wont change with the sale.
Surely you are jesting, have a low level of satisfaction - or have a connection with shell?

Their website said ‘never read your meter again with a smart meter’, yet after 11months one half of it stopped sending readings and it hasn’t been fixed in over a year. They ‘claim’ they are working on the problem, but somehow I think thry are just ignoring faults - that the gas meter sends the data but the electric does not, indicates to me that the meter is faulty and needs replacing/fixing.

Their website tells me that TOU rate 1 is night-time reading and TOU rate 2 is the daytime reading. Absolute carp.

Their ‘helpful’ call centre insists the higher meter reading is the day-time usage. Very clearly, to me, that it is not the case.

First Utility were good but the service has gone down the drain since shell bought them out. Their day-time charges are increased, well above the cost cap, to get them more income from E7 users, too.

Just rubbish IMO.
resybaby

Post by resybaby »

No jesting, im very hard to please, and no 'connection' with shell either.
Just saying it exactly as ive experienced it for the last 4/5 years.
4.0kw FIT PV solar Sunnyboy 4000tl & 21 Upsolar 190w panels
5.45kw JA Solar panels & Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kw.
7 x US5000 Pylontechs.
4500l RWH
Full Biomass heating system
iBoost HW divertor
Full house internal walls insulation
600min Loft insulation
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I suspect 2 very different parts of the same business here,
"broadband and phone is/was through Shell Energy... Absolutely superb"
and
‘never read your meter again with a smart meter’, yet after 11months one half of it stopped sending readings and it hasn’t been fixed in over a year. They ‘claim’ they are working on the problem, but somehow I think thry are just ignoring faults - that the gas meter sends the data but the electric does not, indicates to me that the meter is faulty and needs replacing/fixing.
Their website tells me that TOU rate 1 is night-time reading and TOU rate 2 is the daytime reading. Absolute carp.
Their ‘helpful’ call centre insists the higher meter reading is the day-time usage
Ironic that an energy company can manage its broadband activitires but not its energy supply!
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
smegal

Post by smegal »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:50 pm I suspect 2 very different parts of the same business here,
"broadband and phone is/was through Shell Energy... Absolutely superb"
and
‘never read your meter again with a smart meter’, yet after 11months one half of it stopped sending readings and it hasn’t been fixed in over a year. They ‘claim’ they are working on the problem, but somehow I think thry are just ignoring faults - that the gas meter sends the data but the electric does not, indicates to me that the meter is faulty and needs replacing/fixing.
Their ‘helpful’ call centre insists the higher meter reading is the day-time usage
Ironic that an energy company can manage its broadband activitires but not its energy supply!
I'll be honest, apart from a couple of £600 bills (even though we're on a smart meter) I've not had any issues. Although, I struggle to see what issues one can have with a supplier. We got shunted onto Shell when PurePlanet went bust.