Chris Stark appointed to lead UK clean energy taskforce

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
Moxi

Chris Stark appointed to lead UK clean energy taskforce

Post by Moxi »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/c ... a3b2&ei=78

Will be interesting to watch and see if he is able to deliver, fingers crossed, given the lifting of the ban on land based WT it certainly feels like the climate and environment is being taken more seriously by Government than of late.

Moxi
Joeboy

Re: Chris Stark appointed to lead UK clean energy taskforce

Post by Joeboy »

:xl:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Without wishing to stray into politics too much, this does sound like a good idea and hopefully an impactful intervention.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

yeah sorry about the political "edge" I think what I was trying to convey was that its positive for the clean energy to be back on the UK's agenda - but when I looked back at my original post I see I could have written it better and didn't need to make a reference to the outgoing policy makers at all. I need to remember that sometimes less is more.

If I did upset anyone - please accept my apologies it wasn't intentional.

Absolutely agree Dan, anything that brings the environment and low carbon economy up the agenda is a good thing in my opinion, it will be interesting to see if the rate of change in transmission infrastructure gains impetus and most important to us whether the employment of micro generation nodes starts to become more embedded in the overall strategy - top down bottom up as Sid James might have once said ? Might have my contexts crossed there otherwise Sid was a visionary and way ahead of the green power curve ?? :whako:

Moxi
Tay

Post by Tay »

Hopefully it will be a good thing, but just not at any cost.

I've just had a week in the isle of man and the topic of Wind Turbines is a very emotive one.

Manx govt (Manx Utilities) seem dead set on disturbing protected bird species, disturbing the peat lands and peeing off locals all for the sake of 5 enormous wind turbines with incredibly optimistic figures being thrown about in order to "sell" the idea without any public consultation about it.

All this at the same time as a huge 250 square kilometer offshore wind farm has just gone out to public consultation 6 miles offshore from the Isle of Man by Orsted (somebody who knows what they are doing!)

Rachel Reeves is also sticking her oar in saying decisions should be made nationally not locally, this bit doesn't bode well.

I've got 115 turbines 5k offshore at Worthing, and the South Downs behind me how long before some over zealous minister gets stuck into that ^^
PV 1.1kWh
Victron Multiplus 8K II 48v/100A + Victron 150/35 & 250/60 charge controller + lynx 1000
CerboGX, 25kW Pylontech batteries
Octopus Agile - Cheaper Battery Charging
Another 2.3kWh on the horizon - ground mount + 4x575's