Does the UK need more gas power?

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
Saladin

Re: Does the UK need more gas power?

Post by Saladin »

I agree. So does Bob.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
'Cause none of them can stop the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill the book"

The propaganda being rammed to people doesn't take a break. It's even paid for by those who digest it.
Firefox + adblock is a start.
After that is critical thinking.

When an agent says one thing and then does the opposite that's a red flag. It seems omni-present in our society. So much so that people think it's normal.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/e ... 2d72&ei=15

Looks like the Germans / Europe are getting their ducks lined up.

Moxi
Saladin

Post by Saladin »

and BRICS moving to a commodity backed currency. Dumping US dollar treasuries and rejecting the IMF's validity.

Head's up a giant is about to topple. (US Dollar)

Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

For those who don't know it. "Bobs deid" is a paraphrasing from an episode of "Still Game". If you never seen it, get it watched. 8-)

I do feel frustration at the once glacial pace of energy dynamic change. I'm none too enamoured at the remaining state of affairs either. In saying that I swam ashore yesterday at a secluded beach and did a plastic clearance on it..

On my way back to the boat with my haul people did the usual, oh great, bit for the planet, well done. All that pish. Not one of them followed suit at the following beaches. I have thousands of life examples of just this flaw in humans.

Basically the average human is no better than a shaved monkey at decision making or critical thinking. Their event horizon view sees no further than the next meal and they couldn't corelate their arse with both hands.

With luck, there will be more than 1,200 left after climate change has finished with us and they'll tell each other new cautionary tales while the planets heals. Might even evolve In to something smart. :whako:
19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

So long as that hydrogen is powered by renewable energy and is used for its chemical properties in other industrial processes, then this is a good thing. IF it just ends up being powered by lignite burning, and used to propel a small number of HFCEVs around the place, it's a complete waste.
Moxi wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:21 pm https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/e ... 2d72&ei=15

Moxi
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

dan_b wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:58 pm So long as that hydrogen is powered by renewable energy and is used for its chemical properties in other industrial processes, then this is a good thing. IF it just ends up being powered by lignite burning, and used to propel a small number of HFCEVs around the place, it's a complete waste.
Moxi wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:21 pm https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/e ... 2d72&ei=15

Moxi
Hi Dan, as I read the article I got the impression it was to be fuelled by further investment in green energy and used, as we discussed elsewhere, to produce Hydrogen instead of curtailing generation. It is just a pilot plant though and the scale of production is tiny when compared against industrial hydrogen consumption figures. I don't see them burning the hydrogen to produce power and I find the suggestion in the article that they could use it in steel making to be absolute "80££0cks" and misleading as you don't need Hydrogen for steel making - you try to avoid Hydrogen at all costs. I suspect they mean it could be used as a reductant in a blast furnace but again as Ken noted elsewhere there are far better industrial applications of hydrogen than that option.

Moxi
Saladin

Post by Saladin »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:30 pm I'm none too enamoured at the remaining state of affairs either.

:surrender: