HPC

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
Bugtownboy

HPC

Post by Bugtownboy »

Mr Gus

Re: HPC

Post by Mr Gus »

I see the"delivery director" is delivering us bullshit & hot air..

The 2 vessels normal bread & butter work is nothing out of the ordinary until you behold the sparkly majesty of it doing practically the same line of work on a bloody expensive reactor, at whoch point those tossers at the bbc are utterly compliant as to reporting on the never ending financial burden of a glitter topped turd, not the reality.

Yawn.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

:?:
Mr Gus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:41 am I see the"delivery director" is delivering us bullshit & hot air..

The 2 vessels normal bread & butter work is nothing out of the ordinary until you behold the sparkly majesty of it doing practically the same line of work on a bloody expensive reactor, at whoch point those tossers at the bbc are utterly compliant as to reporting on the never ending financial burden of a glitter topped turd, not the reality.

Yawn.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

The pilings ships are used day in day out without pr fuss dan.

But as this is nuclear it seems to get special treatment in the media (bbc piece) when it's just another day of using this kit, albeit on a new reactors cooling pipes, so Iquestion the need for bbc to give it space whereas on a normal operational day it wouldn't get a look in for thumping in pilings etc for a windfarm!

is that clear enough to be comprehended? 😉. ..seems to be no more than nuclear pr played to the hilt.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

But, if I’ve read it correctly, it’s not just piling, but a shaft going 20m below the sea bed to allow tunnels to be dug for the cooling infrastructure ?

Seems a bit more engineering than the base of a WT ?
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

I think I am inclined to agree with Gus on this, these jack up barges carry out demanding lifts in all kinds of challenging areas, their role at HPC is therefore little different other than the tight time restrictions they will face working between tidal peak flows etc.

I was more alarmed by the reported 6 miles of coolant pipework between the intake and the site ? I guess this is someone's attempt to big up the coolant system and the 6 miles is the sum of and not the linear distance between points.

I would have thought that this would be better reported as straightforward engineering given the delays to the project in other areas, unless of course they expect problems breaking out from the horizontal tunnels to the shaft ?

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

When the chunnel tunnel boring machines were new back in the mid eighties then maybe yes I could see why it may get media space but this technique for tunnelling has been used so often its pretty mainstream for big jobs nowadays, all big new tube lines for the past 30+ years for some context, thus my scepticism that it's leverage for what is stinging pockets over the lifetimes of much of the populace to pay for, amping up the supposed importance of a very split couple of energy camps.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
renewablejohn

Post by renewablejohn »

How rediculous blaming covid for being 2 years behind, they were that far behind even before covid came along.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

You'd have thought that Seagreen projects deepest piling (no 112 of 114l)/would have got something comparable from the bbc,which being media loves to do graphs of elephants / london bus height equivalents.

Being the "worlds deepest" at 192 feet / 58 metres it's anew marker in renewables off our coast which has already started producing power & the ability to supply in the region of 1.6 million homes (equivalent) is no small feat.

..but looking online bbc, nothing, the time marker was easter sunday early hours

🤔🚩

..That's 12.8 double deckers tall..

Indian or african elephants!? 😂

The first turbine was hooked up in late august of 2022, so the whole project size & build speed (though not the full prep admittedly) is on course to be fully operational this summer. (no wiki page for seagreen 1 / 1a currently). in times of energy crisis, climate crisis, why is this not news on the bbc even as a comparison poiece, could it be that it makes nuclear build look bad therefore sink the other (as it were) ?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Feel free to start a Wiki page on Seagreen then Gus - get the info out there?!

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:58 pm You'd have thought that Seagreen projects deepest piling (no 112 of 114l)/would have got something comparable from the bbc,which being media loves to do graphs of elephants / london bus height equivalents.

Being the "worlds deepest" at 192 feet / 58 metres it's anew marker in renewables off our coast which has already started producing power & the ability to supply in the region of 1.6 million homes (equivalent) is no small feat.

..but looking online bbc, nothing, the time marker was easter sunday early hours

🤔🚩

..That's 12.8 double deckers tall..

Indian or african elephants!? 😂

The first turbine was hooked up in late august of 2022, so the whole project size & build speed (though not the full prep admittedly) is on course to be fully operational this summer. (no wiki page for seagreen 1 / 1a currently). in times of energy crisis, climate crisis, why is this not news on the bbc even as a comparison poiece, could it be that it makes nuclear build look bad therefore sink the other (as it were) ?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work