Is Europe's energy crisis over?

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
dan_b

Re: Is Europe's energy crisis over?

Post by dan_b »

I assume that as the solar waxes and wanes over the day, the gas is being cut back accordingly as it's relatively flexible. In the evenings there's no solar but windspeeds generally increase, but then as does demand. But this is also where we're seeing wind curtailment during the day for the same reason.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

I notice CCGT has now dropped to 0.74GW but coal is still ar 0.23 is this likely to be due to spinning generators being used for stability? I can't remember CCGT being this low before.
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

I think we've hit another record low gCO2/kWh today too even with some coal - it's saying 19g/kWh
Mart

Post by Mart »

Countrypaul wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:12 pm I notice CCGT has now dropped to 0.74GW but coal is still ar 0.23 is this likely to be due to spinning generators being used for stability? I can't remember CCGT being this low before.
I noticed the same, has FF (total) been under 1GW before? I remember being surprised when CCGT went under 3GW not loong ago.

Could the continued very low coal generation have anything to do with the October deadline, so stocks are slowly being used up?
3.58kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV.
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

confirmed new record low carbon intensity of 19gCO2/kWh - sorry for the link to Twitter not sure where else the National Grid is publishing this stuff - but they talk about how they're lowering the amount of fossil-generated inertia to allow record amounts of renewables

https://x.com/NationalGridESO/status/17 ... 7062925618