The Kraken awakes

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
dan_b

The Kraken awakes

Post by dan_b »

in Manchester no less!

There's a lot of clever stuff doing on under the skin with all these smart internet of things devices that are allowing people to automatically and dynamically change the behaviour of electricity consuming, and supplying, devices. No idea how you go about making that stuff work reliably, but seems like they do!

https://renews.biz/94446/octopus-energy ... uk-rd-hub/
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Adokforme

Re: The Kraken awakes

Post by Adokforme »

dan_b wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:15 pm in Manchester no less!

There's a lot of clever stuff doing on under the skin with all these smart internet of things devices that are allowing people to automatically and dynamically change the behaviour of electricity consuming, and supplying, devices. No idea how you go about making that stuff work reliably, but seems like they do!

https://renews.biz/94446/octopus-energy ... uk-rd-hub/
Thanks for posting dan_b. If they manage to interconnect all those listed, then that would link six providers whose products we have installed here and hopefully make life simpler. I'll certainly be keen to learn of any progress towards their goal in the coming weeks and months ahead. I imagine they will be keen to broadcast their successes in order to get as many people onboard to cover what must be substantial set up cost and overheads.
Unless of course it's a FOC service funded by the company's taking part. :xx:
openspaceman

Re: The Kraken awakes

Post by openspaceman »

It reminds me of when I had a Garmin 45xl (IIRC) that would lock onto 4 satellites in about 15 minutes if yo were virtually still. I connected it to my laptop on which a program was running that displayed my position on a .BMP of UK. and all sat on the passenger seat; now we all have much better maps and many more satellites running seamlessly on a mobile phone.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery