Wine

Share your growing tips
ecogeorge

Wine

Post by ecogeorge »

Two gallons of Elderflower started.
Didn't,t have any wine yeast so used a mixture of bread yeast and saved beer dregs from my other post on beer yeast.
Already starting to glug through air locks.
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Joeboy

Re: Wine

Post by Joeboy »

I used to grow Belgian beer yeast from the bottle and all grain brew with them. Had some decent beers from them. Duvel seems to spring to mind as does Rochefort. What's your recipe George?
19.2kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Re: Wine

Post by Adokforme »

Glad to learn of others wine making and brewing on here, an admirable pastime I've found especially in winter when opening a bottle of last summers harvest, be it Elderflower, blackberry or grape. Afraid no longer brew beer, something to do with having to get out of bed in the early hours due to volumes consumed.
We too have a batch of Elderflower fermenting nicely along with Rhubarb that's finished fermenting now plus sufficient growth now for a second batch to follow on. Blackberry blossom seems early this year so keeping fingers crossed for a good harvest of that for wine and fruit crumbles for next winter also.
I wonder how many others on here might be part time brewers/winemakers and brave enought to own up. :lol: