Battery Lawnmower

Share your growing tips
Galahad

Re: Battery Lawnmower

Post by Galahad »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:45 pm Is there room to make a galv steel (garden wire) tie around it to assist a pull device?
No room for wire, but your suggestion has made me think I could wrap a thin piece of material, like ribbon, around to help pull it out.

The issue is that you need a thumb on top to press the locking piece in but there is no room to get your fingers underneath to grip it. I've been doing it so far by gently wriggling the battery from side to side but I don't think that is a long term solution as something is going to break or wear too much.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Galahad wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:10 am
Mr Gus wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:45 pm Is there room to make a galv steel (garden wire) tie around it to assist a pull device?
No room for wire, but your suggestion has made me think I could wrap a thin piece of material, like ribbon, around to help pull it out.

The issue is that you need a thumb on top to press the locking piece in but there is no room to get your fingers underneath to grip it. I've been doing it so far by gently wriggling the battery from side to side but I don't think that is a long term solution as something is going to break or wear too much.
Araldite a piece of paracord on the back centre of battery?
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I think Joe has hit the nail on the head get whoever wraps presents the best to do that chore for a way neater job.
When playing with meat I still badger the wife with the butchers string (strong as heck) if paracord isn't an option.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:31 am When playing with meat I still badger the wife with the butchers string
:shock:

Ideas on a postcard please :twisted:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:31 am I think Joe has hit the nail on the head get whoever wraps presents the best to do that chore for a way neater job.
When playing with meat I still badger the wife with the butchers string (strong as heck) if paracord isn't an option.
My Dad taught me about Araldite repairs. :D ;)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:44 am
Mr Gus wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:31 am I think Joe has hit the nail on the head get whoever wraps presents the best to do that chore for a way neater job.
My Dad taught me about Araldite repairs. :D ;)
Makes the meat taste awful though!

Wife is the knot expert, ..I failed my knots in cubs.
Used to have a decent technique for horses, & windsurfers / ladders on cars but all else is a jumble, ...thus.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Bugtownboy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:43 am
Mr Gus wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:31 am When playing with meat I still badger the wife with the butchers string
:shock:

Ideas on a postcard please :twisted:
I was careful not to say "my meat is best left in the wifes hands" ..you sir have your mind in the gutter :lol:
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
billi

Post by billi »

Hey Joeboy , i have an Einhell one too since a year even smaller than yours and only one 18 Volt battery intake , so far so good .... an angle grinder and a sander now as well , thinking of getting their chainsaw too

Cant complain , had much more expensive makes befor and not as happy as i should be with some top makes
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

billi wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:57 am Hey Joeboy , i have an Einhell one too since a year even smaller than yours and only one 18 Volt battery intake , so far so good .... an angle grinder and a sander now as well , thinking of getting their chainsaw too

Cant complain , had much more expensive makes before and not as happy as i should be with some top makes
Both their battery chainsaws are excellent (single & twin battery packs),
So far we have
Big chainsaw (twin)
wee chainsaw (single)
Lawnmower (twin)
strimmer (single)
extendable pole pruning chainsaw and hedge trimmer (single)
drill (single)
circular saw (single)
angle grinder (single)

All excellent, I may ask for more for Xmas. :D
I am a Fan, glad to hear you and Galahad are getting good service from them.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
richbee

Post by richbee »

cojmh wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:18 am This is the exact same mower that I have and I love it .... have been using it for a couple of years now!

Likewise I have invested in the Einhell eco system and now have tons of their gear (including the scarifier too!). The only thing I still have that is petrol driven is the rotovator and I know you can get battery powered ones but I don't think they would last long and when I want to use the rotovator I just want to get it done.

Thoroughly recommend their (Einhell) stuff, I have only been disappointed with a couple of smaller things (their radio and torches etc.)
Have you tried their brushcutter? I'm wondering about getting one, need it to cut back the meadow each year and my current cheapy petrol one just isn't working properly anymore. I only have Worx battery powered drills, and they don't seem to do a brushcutter, only a 'normal' strimmer, which I'm guessing will not be up to the job - so I might need to invest in a 2nd ecosystem. Don't want to spend a fortune, but I saw a review which suggested the Einhell stuff was good.
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW