simple bread recipe

Share your growing tips
Moxi

simple bread recipe

Post by Moxi »

You tube link here

Break down of basic recipe here.

300g warm water
1 and 1/4 teaspoon salt - (halved from u tube recipe which I found too salty the first time I tried it but spot on after the change)
1 teaspoon of yeast
420g plain flower
Combine the mix until all the flour is mixed and you have a sticky and dough like mass, cover with tea towel and rest for 30 minutes, then uncover, fold over four times wetting fingers to avoid dough sticking to you, cover and repeat every 30 minutes for 4 to 6 hours depending on your time available and preference or if you want a lose loaf structure leave for 6 to 8 hours with no folding.
Preheat Dutch oven to 220 degrees gas mark 7 for 20 minutes
Flour base of the Dutch oven and put in the dough bake with lid on for 30 to 45 minutes at gas 7
Remove lid and drop to 200 degrees gas mark 6 for 15 to 25 minutes to get a browned crispy loaf crust to suit your preference.
Remove bread and cool on tray.

Enjoy your loaf!

Moxi
Bugtownboy

Re: simple bread recipe

Post by Bugtownboy »

Thanks for this Moxi :xl:

Looks like a good ‘emergency’ recipe as well as a belting easy bread recipe.

I’ve used soda bread as a quick real bread alternative, but this looks a really good less fuss real bread option.
Fintray

Re: simple bread recipe

Post by Fintray »

Cheers Moxi I'll be giving this a try once the heat pump installation is completed. :xl:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf