Our RE generation stuff.

ClockmanFRA

Our RE generation stuff.

Post by ClockmanFRA »

As nowty showed his PV and Solar water heater here is my collection of RE.

And no the 9.6KW is not added yet in my figures as its not operational. Thats our 8.6 acres of gently sloping field, normally we have sheep but not shown in these sat image.

These images are from the French Geo sat that they use for the Land registry, Cadastrales and building tax collection. Very French but there is no escape they can see what you are having for your lunch haha.
Joeboy

Re: Our RE generation stuff.

Post by Joeboy »

Is it simple enough to get permission to install PV in France?
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

ClockmanFRA, you were in bronze medal position in my "not so secret list" of onsite generators but let us know when that 9.6kW extension is nailed as it might give you the gold medal. :mrgreen:
15.2kW PV > 100MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 19MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 490 m3
ClockmanFRA

Post by ClockmanFRA »

Hi Joeboy,
Lots of however’s.

It depends where the install will be. If in a rural area and no one overlooking etc and the mayor is okay. Then there is not much of an issue. But Urban areas can be troublesome and any listed buildings nearby can also stop a install.

However, connection to the EDF grid is normal here but a property can only install 3KW that is Grid tied. And you must use accredited installers etc, and sadly that is very expensive indeed and makes the grid tie not cost effective.

However, they do have active laws here that actively encourage you to have your own energy use, but you must not sell it.
If You install panels that do not go over 1.8 meters in hight, and you can use the EDF grid as a virtual battery if you limit max 100w as export from your system, then No one can stop you. And there are some good French forums helping in this regard.

However, its like the wild West here in France with some fly by nights etc, and even getting materials can be a minefield, infact most of us just shop around the rest of Europe.

A couple of things in France, Its a Republic and therefore the general population believe that the state is there to help them and all share together. So Shopping each other to the authorities is a local sport.
Also, jealousy comes into it, so best to have good neighbours.
ClockmanFRA

Post by ClockmanFRA »

Hi Nowty,

Yes will do, but i need to get the array built and installed, and as the top of the panels will be 3,2m high i need to ask for Decleration of Works, a sort of planning application. Also at a size of 13.5 meters by 3 meters the County department will think that this is a EDF connected industrial install so we have to have the NOT COONECTED to EDF. and we are consumming our own energy. Also will show photos of our sheep under neath and having acess around the Array install.

See my prelimiary sketch site design drawing.

Stig

Post by Stig »

ClockmanFRA wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:26 am
However, they do have active laws here that actively encourage you to have your own energy use, but you must not sell it.
If You install panels that do not go over 1.8 meters in height, and you can use the EDF grid as a virtual battery if you limit max 100w as export from your system, then No one can stop you. And there are some good French forums helping in this regard.
Interesting, my sister lives in France and is interested in getting some PV (she has solar thermal already), I'll do a bit of digging then (if my French is up to it). She was thinking of a few roof-mounted panels (E/W) but we also discussed a single panel on the south side as a canopy above a door - that might be more cost-effective and DIY-able but around 2m rather than 1.8m.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

ClockmanFRA wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:26 am Hi Joeboy,
Lots of however’s.

It depends where the install will be. If in a rural area and no one overlooking etc and the mayor is okay. Then there is not much of an issue. But Urban areas can be troublesome and any listed buildings nearby can also stop a install.

However, connection to the EDF grid is normal here but a property can only install 3KW that is Grid tied. And you must use accredited installers etc, and sadly that is very expensive indeed and makes the grid tie not cost effective.

If You install panels that do not go over 1.8 meters in hight, and you can use the EDF grid as a virtual battery if you limit max 100w as export from your system, then No one can stop you. And there are some good French forums helping in this regard.

However, its like the wild West here in France with some fly by nights etc, and even getting materials can be a minefield, infact most of us just shop around the rest of Europe.

A couple of things in France, Its a Republic and therefore the general population believe that the state is there to help them and all share together. So Shopping each other to the authorities is a local sport.
Also, jealousy comes into it, so best to have good neighbours.
Interesting info in there, thanks. Heading over next week for a look around and see some pals.
http://verteuilsurcharente.com/

Always fancied a place in France yet somehow Turkey home came first! :roll:
16.6kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 11MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs