To make you think, ...The new "white gold"-rush of badly trained heat pump engineers & the deluded public.

Oldgreybeard

Re: To make you think, ...The new "white gold"-rush of badly trained heat pump engineers & the deluded public.

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:51 am Agreed Oliver, any marketing blurb / April needs to be pertinent to the country & maybe even regional variants summarised with all the general weather data to hand rather than shooting from the hip about other countries which smacks of deceit or contemptible ignorance of a sales team.

"I'm recording this for fact checking purposes" would scare the bejeesus out of strong arm selling practitioners.
I'm afraid the energy rush is going to have a lot of people seeing themselves as victims regardless of whether they are handed helpful paperwork that they couldn't be bothered to read & digest either though, nature of the beast.
Wouldn't it be great if we could trust advertising and promotional blurb, and not have to assume it was untrue and misrepresentative of capability of the product being sold?

Lying about the performance of products is normal, probably applies to pretty much everything, the only difference being the scale of the lies told by the marketing people. It seems we've come to accept that this is the way things should be, to the extent that we don't even care when our former prime minister tells blatant lie after blatant lie, even lying during his final departure speech.

Perhaps that's the root cause of the epidemic of untruth that seems so prevalent. People see our leaders and prominent people continually lie and assume that lying is an acceptable trait so they just copy that behaviour. Government regulators seem not to be bothered by companies lying, either. Witness my recent run in with SSE and the Ombudsman. The fact that SSE had submitted clearly false records to support their case wasn't highlighted or considered to be anything out of the ordinary by the regulator at all.

How the hell have we got to a state where so many people think it's absolutely fine to lie all the time?
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Mr Gus

Re: To make you think, ...The new "white gold"-rush of badly trained heat pump engineers & the deluded public.

Post by Mr Gus »

This the need for multi angle cameras on cars, houses, bikes etc.
Even then it's likely not enough for cops to bother with.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
ClockmanFRA

Post by ClockmanFRA »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:12 am
Wouldn't it be great if we could trust advertising and promotional blurb, and not have to assume it was untrue and misrepresentative of capability of the product being sold?

Lying about the performance of products is normal, probably applies to pretty much everything, the only difference being the scale of the lies told by the marketing people. It seems we've come to accept that this is the way things should be, to the extent that we don't even care when our former prime minister tells blatant lie after blatant lie, even lying during his final departure speech.

Perhaps that's the root cause of the epidemic of untruth that seems so prevalent. People see our leaders and prominent people continually lie and assume that lying is an acceptable trait so they just copy that behaviour. Government regulators seem not to be bothered by companies lying, either. Witness my recent run in with SSE and the Ombudsman. The fact that SSE had submitted clearly false records to support their case wasn't highlighted or considered to be anything out of the ordinary by the regulator at all.

How the hell have we got to a state where so many people think it's absolutely fine to lie all the time?
I call them out when i can.

Great fun, if one actually does the R&D stuff, design and makes things.

Yea, have court orders against me not to speak about crap products by some so called RE companies, (so called top) European manufacturers who don’t as all their stuff is now made in China with indifferent QC standards.

Having fun with paperwork pushers, marketing and salesman when they 'GREENWASH' their products.

The new kid on the block is 'Heat recovery' and the expensive management systems, hahaha.
Oliver90owner

Post by Oliver90owner »

Most politicians don’t lie. They only tell part of the truth. It is the (stupid) observers that think they are either blatantly lying - or are telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If asked a direct question, requiring a simple yes or no reply, they normally deflect/side-step/answer a completely different question than that asked. Or they just change the subject. Never expect an honest answer from a politician.

I don’t believe quite a lot of what is posted on here, either. Many don’t like to hear/read the truth, either.
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Oliver90owner wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:45 am How the hell have we got to a state where so many people think it's absolutely fine to lie all the time?

Most politicians don’t lie. They only tell part of the truth. It is the (stupid) observers that think they are either blatantly lying - or are telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If asked a direct question, requiring a simple yes or no reply, they normally deflect/side-step/answer a completely different question than that asked. Or they just change the subject. Never expect an honest answer from a politician.

I don’t believe quite a lot of what is posted on here, either. Many don’t like to hear/read the truth, either.
Take the example I quoted, Johnson and his leaving speech. The BBC fact checked it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/62806217

It was a million miles from being the truth, at best there were some half truths in there and some elements that were obfuscated to make it appear that things had been done that have not. We should expect those that govern us to give honest answers, that's the key point. When our own government lies all the time then that sets an example for society, so everyone else thinks it's fine to lie as well. Social media in general promotes this concept of lying about anything and everything, take one look at YouTube, Instagram, Facebook or whatever and the lies outweigh the truth by a significant factor.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter